INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Spectacular Audio but NO TV or QAM Channels-Hauppauge 950Q  (Read 2471 times)

chocboyx

Hi All,

After enduring frustrating high CPU usage with WMC I decided to look for alternatives. JRiver is looking good and I'm ready to buy but I have no TV. I have great sound but just a black screen. I have re-installed and re-scanned a dozen times but never got a picture. I have WinTV installed and it's perfect but I really want a media center experience. I'm using a Hauppauge 950Q and Windows 7 64bit and I am not using a set-top box.

Could someone please offer some suggestions? I need to get a picture and it would be great if I could have the CLEAR QAM channels.  :'(

Thanks,
C.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Spectacular Audio but NO TV or QAM Channels-Hauppauge 950Q
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 02:51:18 pm »

Welcome to the forum.  You could try reading some of Yaobing's posts.  This one, for example:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=72103.msg487951#msg487951

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Spectacular Audio but NO TV or QAM Channels-Hauppauge 950Q
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2012, 06:46:56 am »

I have that Tunner and it works great for OTA (ATSC). I don't have cable so I can't test Clear QAM for you. Can you do an ATSC scan and pickup/view any channels that way? Maybe your tunner is bad regarding the QAM feature.

EDIT: I re-read your post and see that you had QAM working with WinTV.  When I first hooked up my Hauppauge Colossus using WinTV it worked great but then I couldn't get it to work in MC. During troubleshooting, I noticed an error (yellow exclamation point) in the Device Manager for the Colossus. It took me a Win7 reinstall to get it right after that. After that, I went straight to MC and never installed WinTV again. Point being, check Device Manager and uninstall WinTV (if you have not already).
Pages: [1]   Go Up