INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Webplay~ AAC v MP3  (Read 1492 times)

shAf

• Citizen of the Universe
Webplay~ AAC v MP3
« on: May 18, 2012, 08:55:09 am »

I'm having problems playing AAC tracks on my Macbook Air.  Webplay will play the AAC track fine, but it will not play a collection (album, shuffle) of AAC tracks.  However, Webplay will play a collection of MP3 tracks.  When the Safari of Chrome browsers fail, a message will show that Quicktime may be missing a component of some sort, but the webpage it takes me to offers nothing that may remedy the problem.

Has any other Mac user experienced this and found a remedy?

cheerios from the Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Webplay~ AAC v MP3
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, 07:01:53 am »

WebGizmo would be worth trying.  It can use HTML5 if the browser supports it.  I'm not sure about the AAC format though.

shAf

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2012, 09:42:44 pm »

WebGizmo would be worth trying.  It can use HTML5 if the browser supports it.  I'm not sure about the AAC format though.

Webgizmo works well, and with AAC too!  Thanx for the pointer!!

shAf

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2012, 10:00:52 pm »

Webgizmo works well, and with AAC too!  ...

Spoke too soon ... Leastwise for iOS Safari. Doesn't want to 'play all' very well ... A couple of tracks and that's it. Also tedious to navigate on a 3.5" screen, but then that's the iPhone ...

shAf

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2012, 09:46:22 am »

Today was my 1st chance to try WEbGizmo at the computer that was the impetus for the OP.  The same thing happens when trying to play a collection ... ie, will not play a collection of AAC, but will play a collection of MP3.

Anyone have a suggestion?

TIA  :)

shAf

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2012, 09:13:53 am »

I'm having problems playing AAC tracks on my Macbook Air.  Webplay will play the AAC track fine, but it will not play a collection (album, shuffle) of AAC tracks.  However, Webplay will play a collection of MP3 tracks.  ...

Has any other Mac user experienced this and found a remedy?

I'd like to bring this topic up again ... that is, more than half of my tracks are AAC, and it's a mystery why Webplay, or webGizmo, will not play a collection of tracks but will play a collection of MP3.  I originally associated this problem with a Macbook, but I've since realized it's also true for all browsers, Mac or Windows (leastwise on my computers).  It will even fail if I address the media server from the same computer!

TIA  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up