INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Streaming to LG  (Read 3696 times)

elgibby

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Go Red Sox
Streaming to LG
« on: May 30, 2012, 10:14:26 am »

Back to try MC again after about 8 years on iTunes and other programs, thanks to a computer disaster that wiped out my iTunes library. So, since I have to start from scratch...

I have several problems, but first I'd like to solve streaming to my LG 46LD550. I had it working with Mezzmo, but I'd rather not use a raft of different programs.

I've tried every setting available, and I'm still getting "invalid file." Most of my video files are mp4 with DD sound, originating from TiVo and converted using VideoReDo.

Anybody have this working with LG TVs? Any suggestions? Any "Idiot's Guide to MC" available?  ;D

I also have a Sony BD player, and that has issues, too: files play but stutter and the audio cuts out.

thx

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Streaming to LG
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 04:15:19 pm »

We just recently fixed some issues with video files on both of the configurations you describe. The fixes will be coming soon to a build >=17.0.165.

In the meantime, you could try unchecking DLNA and DLNAextra in the advanced options under "add or configure DLNA servers...". This will revert the server to just UPnP which fixes these problems for the WDTV anyway..

If your devices need DLNA (and probably DLNAExtra for those two), you could try doing "convert always" for video and setting the conversion to mpeg2/dvd stream or mpeg2/dvd pal stream.

elgibby

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Go Red Sox
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 10:28:52 am »

Bob
Thanks. I had tried all that, and I ran through it again. No luck at all on the LG TV.

On the Sony BD S570, multichannel movies display as 2.0 channel and then the playback stutters on almost all of the files; why "almost," I haven't figured out yet.

Files that I converted for my Toshiba Thrive using DVDCatalyst (rather than VRD for TV streaming) were done at 2 channel and, of course, are much smaller. They play OK.

Hope this all works out. I'll await the next build.

barry

elgibby

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Go Red Sox
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, 07:06:02 pm »

Well, I upgraded to build 165 and the results are mixed.

On the LG TV: no go, no change. Nothing plays.

On the Sony BD: Movie files now play smoothly, yay!

However, they are in 2 ch instead of 5.1, and I have no fast forward/rewind control (which was not a problem with Mezzmo).

Any suggestions?

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2012, 05:39:08 pm »

Well, I upgraded to build 165 and the results are mixed.

On the LG TV: no go, no change. Nothing plays.

On the Sony BD: Movie files now play smoothly, yay!

However, they are in 2 ch instead of 5.1, and I have no fast forward/rewind control (which was not a problem with Mezzmo).

Any suggestions?
What are your current MC DLNA server settings (conversion settings and advanced options)?
Are you trying anything other than Video with the LG?

elgibby

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Go Red Sox
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2012, 11:28:17 am »

Bob, really busy with work next few day, will get back to this over the weekend.

thx
barry
Pages: [1]   Go Up