INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Baseball, heros and my little son  (Read 852 times)

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Baseball, heros and my little son
« on: May 30, 2012, 02:36:48 pm »

Just wanted to share a little story, it's the only thing my son's been talking about this week. For a couple of months now my son's been going to baseball training. He's only 9 so he's in the 1st team for the kids. He's been very enthusiastic about it, he has learned most of the rules already and he carries his glove whereever he goes when he gets the chance, its pretty funny. He wants me to go out with him to train him too. I need a glove too now because he can throw pretty hard and it hurts lol.

Last weekend they had a camp with the entire club, big party and a visit from 3 players from our national team. Unfortunately I didn't know they were coming or I would have been there to take some photos but appearently he was quite the man. They had a match, kids against parents, he was in the back of field at some point. One of the guys hit it pretty hard and the ball came near him, he ran like hell and caught the ball with one hand, running! He then looked around, saw no one to throw the ball at so he ran to the third honk himself and got another player. Wish I was there to see it myself!

At the end the 3 national players signed his shirt, his ball and his glove (they signed stuff for the other kids too). And if that wasn't enough, turns out one of the national players carries the same last name as his mom. Maybe some distant family, she doesn't know him but the name is not very common. He can't stop talking about it and now wants to sleep with his glove :).

Oh 16 september its European finals in Rotterdam. I promised him if we make the finals, I'll take him to the match. Now that would be cool.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Baseball, heros and my little son
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2012, 02:42:24 pm »

What a nice story!  It made me think of my old glove.  It was like a part of me for a few years.

Tell your boy congratulations for us.
Pages: [1]   Go Up