INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Jukebox 8.0.264 beta available  (Read 1476 times)

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
Media Jukebox 8.0.264 beta available
« on: May 01, 2002, 06:45:35 pm »

[this post replaces one deleted by mistake -- sorry]

Media Jukebox 8.0.264 beta is available:

ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaJukebox8.exe

WARNING: This is beta software, do not download and install it if you are not sure of your abilities to deal with bugs.

Please backup your library and your license.

(note: you can use "Help->Check for Updates" if you've installed a previous version of 8.0)

History:
1. Fixed: Media Jukebox would allow you to seek when playback was stopped.
2. Fixed: DSP "Virtual Subwoofer" was too virtual. (wasn't working)
3. Changed: The first time Visualization Studio prompts for saving a script, it'll automatically switch to the script directory.
4. Fixed: A wait message would kill the player in non-skinned MJ.
5. Fixed: When a virtual folder was added to a burner drive, user still had to choose "data" mode when dragging files there.
6. Fixed: Switching MEGA-ME skins could cause a database sharing error between the old and new copy of MJ.
7. Fixed: Switching mini-me skins could crash MJ.
8. NEW: Added tool-tip to drop target.
9. NEW: Right-click on drop target shows drop location menu.
10. Fixed: Checkboxes in Green Eyes skin would not be clearly understandable.
11. Fixed: Dragging left / right divider would be jumpy.
12. Fixed: Some plug-ins from web site would not install correctly.
13. Fixed: Display Plugin -> None menu had an extra divider.
14. Fixed: Bottom display bar wouldn't update after a r-click change.
15. Fixed: Proxy credentials did not stored correctly during an Internet connection.
16. Fixed: Web Remote Plug-in did not work for some browsers.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

ZRocker

RE:Media Jukebox 8.0.264 beta available
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2002, 06:56:09 pm »

Longtime Bug:
1.  The Metmorphis GetEQBand calls for GetMJMixer no longer return an updated value for an EQ band. The GetEQBand calls always return the value of the requested EQ band at the time the mini-me was first displayed.

Update:
Nevermind...I coded around the bug in LowerLeft and LowerRight by always initializing the global g_MJMixer variable just prior to the GetEQBand() calls.  Odd, g_MJMixer works everywhere when g_MJMixer is only initialized at mini-me startup (once) except for GetEQBand() calls during OnSliderChangedEvent-type calls.  Could be a JScript language bug, I guess...or could be something else I'm not seeing...

RemyJ

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2002, 07:40:02 pm »

Player window color problems and the database problem when switching skins are fixed...thanks.

Starting to use Replay Gain...

Others have reported skips when a track is playing while replay gain analysis is in progress BUT the analysis is also corrupted.  Only the first few percentage points of each track are analyzed before a bogus radio gain is set and written to the file.  The real problem is that there doesn't seem to be a way to reset the gain without re-ripping the CD and re-analyzing (without anything playing, of course).  I analyzed a batch of over 100 CDs before I realized the problem and now I don't have a practical way to fix them.

Remy
Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

Severian

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Data Stylist
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2002, 08:31:23 pm »

New checkbox design dominates. Thanks.
Severian

Alonso Nefarious

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2002, 09:23:57 pm »

Did you get the bit about the burner controll covered:

Or how the tool tip for the drop target pops when the cursor is in the middle of the "GO Start" thingy?

Or how now that I enabled "Startup Volume" my speakers pop when MJ starts, but they don't when "Startup Volume" is not enabled?

shelly

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2002, 09:32:50 pm »

I'm still experiencing the following problems:

1.  Redraw of row size when scrolling.  This occurs with or without gridlines.  When I click on the scrollbar, the rows become very short and the text difficult to read.  This does not occur when the scrollbar is dragged.  

2.  The cd copying window will not minimize independent of the main MJ window.  

I can't believe that I thought MusicMatch was the greatest media player available.  MJ is really awesome!

marty3d

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2002, 10:39:03 pm »

Sigh....I missed the deleted post! Could anyone post what's new/changed in this one? Wouldn't go Microsoft on me would you (you know, where you never get to know what's different between versions..)?
Thanks!

Rusty

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2002, 03:40:57 am »

Still leaking memory badly when ever I use MJ. No other problems with any other piece of software on my computer, only MJ. Thank God for RamBooster ... It's working hard!

My computer actually locked up yesterday as no memory avail & even RamBooster couldn't help that time & all I was doing was playing tracks from the MJ Library.

I notice no one else is reporting this Memory Leak problem, so is it just my computer? If so, are there any tricks or things I can enable/disable in Windows 98 to fix the problem, is there something (file etc) that I am missing etc)???

Kindest Regards - Rusty.
_______________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________

Media Jukebox PLUS 8.0.264

CPU: Intel Pentium III 505 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 62 MB
Resource Info: System - 37 %, GDI - 69 %, User - 37 %

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2600.0000
ComCtl32.dll: 5.50.4704.1100
Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shell32.dll: 4.72.3812.600
wnaspi32.dll: 4.60 (1021) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1999 Adaptec, Inc.
Aspi32.sys: N/A

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2002, 05:32:59 am »

Rusty>

Resource Info: System - 37 %, GDI - 69 %, User - 37 %

That's not good. Those numbers should be a lot higher. What else was running when you got those readings? What's running in your system tray (that area near the clock).

Once your resources start dipping into the 20-30% range, Windows starts to act real funny like. Next Page

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2002, 06:14:09 am »

Bugs

Remote Control : Next\Previous Playlists skip Smartlists.

MEGA-ME Skinning : Occasionally, I'll see flashes of that bight purple/pink color that's used for transparencies - mainly when resizing Statistics. The rest appear to be gone.

Download Manager : If I start DM from MJ's Tools menu, or from it's Start Menu Shortcut, and I'm not connected to the internet, I get the "Unable to find phonebook entry" error message. This doesn't happen on Windows Startup because of the /WinStartup switch. I could edit the shortcut in the Start Menu manually, but I obviously can't do that with the DM option in MJ's Tools menu.

If I switch to mini-me and then back to MEGA-ME, MJ always goes to Playing Now, regardless of where I was before I switched to mini-me.

I forgot to check and see if the upside down avi problem is still there. Have you guys been able to reproduce it?

System Info

Media Jukebox PLUS 8.0.264
CPU: AMD Athlon 943 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 75 MB
OS: Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1  (Build 2600)

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2600.0000
ComCtl32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
wnaspi32.dll: 4.70 , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2001 Adaptec, Inc.
Aspi32.sys: 4.7

LCtheDJ

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2002, 07:12:13 am »

In case the replies were lost due to the deletion of the original thread:
I still get a click when starting playback from stopped.

In case you saved the replies before the thread got deleted:
"Never mind." - Gilda Radnor

nila

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2002, 09:17:54 am »

Feature - right clicking and choosing to send to playlist still displays all the playlists in one big list instead of under their heirarchy as I created it.
Is this going to be fixed before the final release?
It's pretty annoying as I have a LOT of playlists in one directory which makes it almost impossible for me to access my other playlists ever without a lot of scrolling.
Pages: [1]   Go Up