INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stalling MC17 >= Stream Magic 6; controlled by My River iPad app  (Read 1176 times)

sp33dy

• Recent member

Hi,

Following my earlier (an so far, unanswered post to iPod/iPad section, because I went ahead and purchased My river), I'm pretty delighted with MC17; barring the random freezes.

Thanks to these forums, I've figured the settings to create my new library of Flacs. How to configure the encryption to leave Flacs rather than MP3 360's! I've learnt how to turn on Logging and diagnoses firewall issues (now have rules for all ports on my local network to be open between devices etc).

All runs really well, with approximately 200-300 albums with artwork in MC17; for which navigation is great from My River. When I select to add a track or album to playing now queue, all is well; although there is a bit of a stutter in MC17 as it switches to the next track.

When I look through the logs, all is well; except that I do spot quite a few 'failed CTCPSokerReader' fails on write & read for ports 10054 & 10053 (socket 1140) whilst a track is playing. Given it's playing, I figure this can be ignored?

I also can see some Winsock bind failed: 10048 messages for VSocketReader. No idea what this is.

Everything else looks great! When MC17 freezes, it can be closed and restarted and with in a few seconds all is running really well again.

Where do I start to try to diagnose this issue? Could it just be a problem with the Cambridge Stream Magic 6? I remember reading something that someone stated that it wasn't an 'open device'; but I find that hard to believe given this and several on pieces of software connect to it ok. I've even tried using a uPnp viewer to send it some hand cranked messages.

I would like to purchase MC17, but would like to make sure I'm completely happy that it is going to be stable for me; therefore this is the only small fly in the ointment.

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

Thanks and kind regards

Carl

P.S. It is an astonishing product.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Stalling MC17 >= Stream Magic 6; controlled by My River iPad app
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 01:48:23 pm »

If you have problems with a third party plug-in or program, please use their thread on the Third Party board here.

sp33dy

• Recent member
Re: Stalling MC17 >= Stream Magic 6; controlled by My River iPad app
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, 03:18:15 pm »

Hi Jim,

I've not deliberately activated, downloaded or installed any extra plug-in's. I.E. Only those that I guess are bundled in the install. Can any of those cause a problem? I read through the list of known problems and resolutions to no avail. It's mighty odd.

Kind regards

Carl
Pages: [1]   Go Up