INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: some characters in tags, titles, name ets can break webgizmo playlists  (Read 1407 times)

kfrank

• Junior Woodchuck

I have experience trying to play a playlist using webgizmo through my web browse (firefox and chrome) where I have determined that certain characters in either song titles or artisits names break the playlist and it it will not play. It appears as the the javascript that is served up does not properly escape certain characters and just a single none escaped character can break the javascript syntax. Ha s anyone else had this issue? I just wanted to make someone aware of this bug and hope it can be addressed in a future update. It can be quite a problem since I often use ""shuffle 100 random songs" and nothing plays. It takes quite a few click to actually get that list to "refresh" witha different list that does not cause the error.

Thanks again... love your product and have been using it happily for years :) Hope this post helps to make it even better.

Keith  

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Do you mean WebGizmo?

kfrank

• Junior Woodchuck

Yes... sorry if that was not clear.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?

OK.  I changed it above.  We'll see if we can duplicate the problem.

kfrank

• Junior Woodchuck

Jim... I'm sure your developers are aware of this but firebug was a great help in pinpointing the problem. When a playlist has one of the offending characters the audio player does not even render so the page appears blank after clicking "play now" firebug should report a javascript error.

kfrank

• Junior Woodchuck

Jim just got the error... here is an example of where it occured:

within the playlist array
Code: [Select]
{ 0: { src:"http://kfmusic.dyndns.org:8891/Gizmo/MCWS/v1/File/GetFile?File=37626&Token=wwjdEI9Y&Conversion=WebPlay&Playback=1",type:"audio/mp3"}, config: { enableFlashFallback: true, title: "Tears are not enough (12")", cover: "MCWS/v1/File/GetImage?File=37626&Token=wwjdEI9Y"}},
the error was:
Unexpected token )
looks like the error occured at:
 not enough (12")",

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers

Is the title of the song Tear are not enough (12") as in the song came from a 12inch record
If you change it to (12in) does it work?
I would assume that the " inside the parenthesese is being interpreted as closing quote for the [Name] 
Sean

kfrank

• Junior Woodchuck

Yes that would work if I changed it... it looks like the characters such as a double quote should be escaped.
I believe 
title: "Tears are not enough (12\")" would work.
Pages: [1]   Go Up