INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: what device can be mc client and have a digital output connect to a dac  (Read 1671 times)

8lior8707

• Recent member

1 i am not sure this is the forum for this question.
2. i want to play all music files stored on mc17 on windows7, on a wifi client like my android + gizmo.
   but my android cellphone have an anloge output and i am looking for a device with an digital output that can be connected to the
   dac of my stereo setup. of course, a pc could do this easy. but i am looking for an android with digital output

thank you

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

You could probably do it with a cradle like this:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B006NYP83Q/ref=dp_image_0?ie=UTF8&n=2335752011&s=wireless

I've also seen adaptors for HDMI out.  I don't remember the details, but try a search.

Bluetooth is another possibility.

8lior8707

• Recent member

thank you for your replay.
i might clear my subject.
i am using my pc as a a digital source for audio files ( i am not interesting in video or other stuff. just lossless audio)  in this post  i will call that pc "mc17-server"
py set up is pc +mc17 connect via usb cable to  dac_magic_plus. this requires me to install a special driver to the audio usb sound card etc.
the dac can accept optical source as well.
in another room i have a stereo set up that plays from my samsung galaxy +gizmo wifi from the "mc17-server" source.
this set up include a dac with usb and optical inputs.
the samsung do the transformation from digital to analog.
the samsung has no digital output.  so it can not be connected to the dac.
if i wanted i could replace the samsung with a pc like the first set up named :"mc17-server". and that technically would solve my problem, but i think that a pc solution is like Use a Cannon to Kill a Fly. i am looking for a device like my samsung android+ gizmo device that have a digital output that can be connect to a dac instead of forcing me to use the the analogue interface of my stereo setup.
is there any tablet device  that can play gizmo and has a digital output  ?

thank you

but

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers

Any device that has an HDMI output can be converted to a SPDIF output with an adapter.
There aren't any Android devices that offer a native digital audio output that I am aware of.
If you are not dead set on using an Android device you could use any netbook/laptop and
use a USB interface.

Just one example:
http://www.amazon.com/SPDIF-Component-Ypbpr-Converter-v1-3b/dp/B003LLXFSE
Sean

imugli

• MC Beta Team

Galaxy S2 had HDMI out via MHL but not Galaxy S1. Galaxy tab has it as well, as do the high end HTC handsets. You could possibly use that to output to a converter as suggested, then to your dac.

8lior8707

• Recent member

thank you ,
i have some questions concern to sound quality :
what is the difference in audio quality of lossess-audio files played with the samsung galxy s2  + gizmo thrugh the anlog output vs.
samsung galxy s2  + gizmo + hdmi converted to spdif like you sujested ( is it realy the same  digital data ?)
and is it the same in as pc played through the usb ?
Pages: [1]   Go Up