INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Next / Previous - Control Functionality Question  (Read 1441 times)

Beamer

• Galactic Citizen
  • True wisdom is in knowing you know nothing
Next / Previous - Control Functionality Question
« on: June 06, 2012, 06:49:44 am »

Is it possible to emulate the way WMC uses the 'Next' button?

Within WMC the 'Next' button can be setup to jump forward an arbitrary period (say 60 seconds) and then by pressing the 'Previous' button go back (say 30 Seconds) thus providing an effective way to jump past advertisements etc 

I have been trying to achieve this in JMC video mode while keeping the normal 'Next' functionality to jump forward through music tracks. Alas to no avail :'(

To clarify. I wish to keep the current way 'Next' function works in Audio playback & have it programmable to jump forward in Video playback.

Does anyone know how to achieve this?

If it is not presently possible, could it be considered as an addition to functionality in a future release?
The Future is Remote!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Next / Previous - Control Functionality Question
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 07:19:45 am »

Is it possible to emulate the way WMC uses the 'Next' button?

Within WMC the 'Next' button can be setup to jump forward an arbitrary period (say 60 seconds) and then by pressing the 'Previous' button go back (say 30 Seconds) thus providing an effective way to jump past advertisements etc 
The right and left arrows do that.  You can set the interval.  It's 30 seconds forward, 10 seconds back, by default.

Beamer

• Galactic Citizen
  • True wisdom is in knowing you know nothing
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2012, 08:18:05 am »

Jim: Thanks for the feedback

What do you think about making Next / Previous commands dual purpose dependent upon Audio or Video?

It would save real-estate on remote controller panels and allow the use of the 'Next' JMC Core Command for both Audio & Video.

The Future is Remote!

daveg

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2012, 08:32:22 am »

Also, had a question along the same lines.  I like the next/previous functionallity of switching to the next track.

What I need is to be able to create buttons that allow me to jump forward/Jump back within a file. I don't want to have to go into the menu's or use the keyboard to do this. Am using a wireless mouse (with no programmable buttons, and do not want to buy another) that is no where near the PC.

Is there any way to create  custom buttons to put on the toolbar, that will allow me to do this.

Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up