INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Post Upgrade Video Problems  (Read 844 times)

dogleg867

• Recent member
Post Upgrade Video Problems
« on: June 06, 2012, 09:19:33 pm »

I recently upgraded to JRMC17, and I've been having problems with video ever since. The main issue is: some DVD's will play with no audio, and others just give a region code not supported error message. I'm pretty sure the following is related because of the time it started: my Sound > Playback tab will drop my second monitor as a device; is says "not connected" even though it is. I have to go into the Display Menu and re-do the Monitor settings (Duplicate / Extend Display). Also, I have selected Auto Play to "Let Windows Handle", and deselected MC in Windows; yet JRMC17 automatically opens when I insert a DVD. I chose to transfer all the settings from Version 16 when I upgraded, and none of these issues were present on that version. I mainly use the program for audio playback and storage, and once I confirmed that this was working properly, I deleted Version 16, so going back to those settings is not an option. Can anyone out there help me?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Post Upgrade Video Problems
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 09:22:43 pm »

Please try the most recent build from the top of the MC17 board.

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Post Upgrade Video Problems
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 03:57:37 am »

Update your sound card (and video) drivers perhaps? MC might be using some stuff that your drivers don't really handle? It's worth a shot at least. You can also just try to change the sound source with the OSD controls during playback. And you could try to switch the output device in MC. That's all that pops to mind just now.

For the DVD issue, you'll probably have to configure Windows to not using MC17 for automatic playback. MC can not reset this behavior once you set it in windows. Control Panel - Default Programs in Windows 7.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying
Pages: [1]   Go Up