INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: screen grab shortcut  (Read 2751 times)

smith7181

• Recent member
screen grab shortcut
« on: June 09, 2012, 01:19:17 am »

When watching dvd's I would like to simply press a button on my keyboard to have a screen shot (screen "grab") be taken and sent to a predetermined folder, name sequentially (a la vlc).  Can this be done, and if not, how close can I get?  The impression I get from searches on the forums is that there is not hotkey for this, and hotkeys are not customizable short of creating your own xml file.

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: screen grab shortcut
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2012, 07:59:43 am »

The closest I can get is a keyboard shortcut that spawns a "Save As..." dialogue.

Also, I could only get that far by setting MC to not use MadVR for video. If using MadVR, screengrabs are not currently supported.

rick.ca

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2012, 08:02:36 pm »

I use Snagit, which includes the function of (silently) saving screenshots to sequential files, and assigning a global hotkey to this function. The hotkey is mapped to the 'record' button on my remote. I'm sure there's freeware available that will do the same thing. I haven't tried it, but it looks like Gadwin Printscreen might be one.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2012, 02:12:55 am »

Good call rick, I use HyperSnap here. Another good free for home use option is PicPick. I have that installed on my Wife's laptop.

HTPC4ME

• LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2012, 10:31:34 pm »

few months olds, thought id revist...

does jriver now have the capability to take screen grabs, or record clips for our movies?
Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up