INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC17 Streaming to Oppo BDP95 problems  (Read 1660 times)

streamer95

MC17 Streaming to Oppo BDP95 problems
« on: June 11, 2012, 12:33:47 am »

I hope someone can help me with my technical problem.
I downloaded the trial version of MC17 two days ago and have been trying ever since to get it to work properly. I have MC17 installed in the latest version of a Dell XPS17 and I am streaming into an Oppo BDP95 blu-ray player.
The Dell recognises both Windows Media Player & J River ID. Everything sounds fine using WMP (except of course, I cannot play back hirez files)
With MC17 I get distortion in the music, especially at volume peaks in the music. The volume setting required for MC17 is half of that required with WMP. I was wondering if this distortion was being caused by some type of "overloading" in the signal path.
The reallybig problem is with hi-rez files, both WAV and FLAC. They play back so slowly, it is totally unlistenable. I thought it might be the "Hardware buffering size" which I have now set from the recommended 100us all the way to the maximum. This made no difference.
I have also tried all of the "Audio Output" options starting with Direct Sound through to WASAPI-Event Style" but all of them sound exactly the sound in terms of distortion.
Any ideas on what I might being doing wrong?
p.s. I bought my Dell XPS 17 purely to be used as a music server, so I hope I van get it to work with J River software.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC17 Streaming to Oppo BDP95 problems
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 02:17:28 pm »

I hope someone can help me with my technical problem.
I downloaded the trial version of MC17 two days ago and have been trying ever since to get it to work properly. I have MC17 installed in the latest version of a Dell XPS17 and I am streaming into an Oppo BDP95 blu-ray player.
The Dell recognises both Windows Media Player & J River ID. Everything sounds fine using WMP (except of course, I cannot play back hirez files)
With MC17 I get distortion in the music, especially at volume peaks in the music. The volume setting required for MC17 is half of that required with WMP. I was wondering if this distortion was being caused by some type of "overloading" in the signal path.
The reallybig problem is with hi-rez files, both WAV and FLAC. They play back so slowly, it is totally unlistenable. I thought it might be the "Hardware buffering size" which I have now set from the recommended 100us all the way to the maximum. This made no difference.
I have also tried all of the "Audio Output" options starting with Direct Sound through to WASAPI-Event Style" but all of them sound exactly the sound in terms of distortion.
Any ideas on what I might being doing wrong?
p.s. I bought my Dell XPS 17 purely to be used as a music server, so I hope I van get it to work with J River software.

If you are talking only about the sound as streamed to the Oppo, none of the settings you mentioned above relate to DLNA. The DLNA settings are under
tools->options->media network->add or configure DLNA servers...
For audio conversion, try setting always convert to L16 and under audio advanced enable volume leveling. You may want to fix the sample rate to always do 44.1k or 48k.
Pages: [1]   Go Up