INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No Dolby sound from TV's optical output  (Read 1948 times)

viorel_iulian

No Dolby sound from TV's optical output
« on: June 11, 2012, 07:38:27 am »

Hello all,
I have a problem that's been bothering me for a couple of weeks now. Until then I had the following situation: an STB that through an HDMI connection would transmit the digital signal to my Denon 1612 AV receiver, that was connected to my Sony 32W5500 TV by HDMI. Because my TV doesn't know ARC (it only has HDMI 1.3), the audio was returned from the TV to the receiver through an optical cable. All was working fine. Where it was the case (5 TV channels), I had Dolby Digital sound that was recognized by the receiver. Now, because I moved out, I chose not to rent once again (that's the policy here) the STB, as I found out that most of the TV channels were not coded, so that my TV through its built in DVB-C tuner was able to beautifully render them. The problem is that, now, I don't have the original Dolby sound, but only stereo sound from the 5 channels. I looked in the info audio option from the TV and it recognizes the Dolby 3.2/1 sound signature (as it used to) but it doesn't transmit. What's the catch? What could be the problem? I checked the optical cable elsewhere and it works fine.

Regards,
Viorel

viorel_iulian

Re: No Dolby sound from TV's optical output
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 01:29:12 am »

No one? Any one?

swantzilla

• Recent member
Re: No Dolby sound from TV's optical output
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 12:42:02 pm »

My Sony TV does not propagate the DD or DTS through the TV.
Pages: [1]   Go Up