INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: j river convolution with RoomEQ (REW)  (Read 5808 times)

LesC

• World Citizen
j river convolution with RoomEQ (REW)
« on: April 03, 2012, 09:58:17 pm »

i believe i do not know what i'm doing here. i run rew, measure the room (it's a dedicated room), export the impulse response as wav and load it in j river convolution.

convolution says it is running but i hear a lot of echo during playback.

Trumpetguy

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: j river convolution with RoomEQ (REW)
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 12:15:50 pm »

Are you sure your filter files are according to JRiver convolution (=Convolver http://convolver.sourceforge.net/vst.html  ) spec? You should not hear any echo.

LesC

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 08:24:29 am »

it doesn't even work with DRC or audiolense. if i use either of the 2, center image moves all the way to the right... convolver doesn't do that in foobar.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, 08:44:42 am »

Make sure you have the latest build of MC17.  It's currently 17.0.122.

LesC

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2012, 11:24:16 am »

it is .122. some songs it comes mostly from the right. it only happens with vocals. female, or male. instruments are in their right place but the voice is off.

:/

LesC

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2012, 12:21:07 pm »

fixed it. something wrong with the recording on one of my soundcards. i used the input of my onboard sound and it sounds correct now.

sorry guys !

Trumpetguy

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2012, 12:32:46 pm »

My experience is that - if anything sounds not correct - it is more than likely the measurement that went wrong. The measurement is the most difficult step in the process to get right and small errors can make huge effects.

LesC

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2012, 05:27:43 pm »

thanks. i learned that now. i was thinking it was my playback chain and after trying out headphones it wasn't. tried to do the measurement with my integrated sound and got a better result.

can i get better results with an x-fi instead of onboard sound or this is fine ? for me it sounds fine except i seem to be missing some high frequencies :/.

Trumpetguy

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2012, 02:10:40 am »

Easiest way is always to have the sine sweep output and microphone recording on the same device using the same clock. It is very difficult (or at all possible) to get correct measurements if input and output are using two different clocks.

LesC

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2012, 06:01:21 pm »

thanks for that. i had playback with my modded x-meridian 2g and recording with my alc889.

i suppose i should try measuring with the integrated sound as both playback and recording device.

would the results be better if i did the measuring with a cheap x-fi (like an xtreme audio) ? obviously i can not do it with the meridian as i get broken results.

LesC

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2012, 06:29:30 pm »

is it ok to use one soundcard for measuring and recording and another for playback ?

goldband

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2012, 05:07:15 pm »

OK, Im a newbie at this. Im using RAW to do a measurement, then exporting a .wav file with the impulse response. When I load this file in MC's convolution module, the status says 'not valid'. I take this to mean the convolver is not happy with my .wav file. What am I doing wrong?
Pages: [1]   Go Up