INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: EQ...and Winamp.....this may be a dumb one...  (Read 1673 times)

Skidood

• Recent member
EQ...and Winamp.....this may be a dumb one...
« on: June 11, 2012, 06:18:52 pm »

Hi all.

One thing I dont like about MC is the EQ.  I hate having to click something 3 times to bring it up, and, even more important, can't save EQ settings on a per song basis.  Once you have brought up the EQ screen, you also have to close the options window before being able to use pause, skip  etc.
I tried AutoEQ, it worked for a bit, I didn't like the interface that much, then it ended up crashing MC, and now after having re-downloaded it, AutoEQ wont work at all.
I love how Winamp has the EQ right there all the time and the settings can be saved per song.

I have a USB DAQ (music streamer) and Winamp will play with that sound device loaded and running, but the settings in Winamp specify "DirectSound" as the "output mode".  And you cant (as far as I can tell) change it.
Does this mean that Winamp is a poor alternative (in sound qualityy)  due to the fact that the sound is being processed by Windows Direct Sound drivers instead of entirely by the DAQ?
Maybe I need a brief explanation as to why MC may or may not give me better sound than Winamp. 
Thanks!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: EQ...and Winamp.....this may be a dumb one...
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 06:34:27 pm »

You can get to DSP Studio by clicking the little equalizer button near the top right of the program.  DSP Studio itself doesn't block the main program.

As for DirectSound, it's not a good choice.  More on output modes here:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Audio_Output_Modes
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up