INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: burning dvds  (Read 1101 times)

asio kid

• Recent member
burning dvds
« on: June 12, 2012, 01:29:45 pm »

I ripped a movie dvd to my hard drive using DVD decrypter. I played it from the hard drive copy (whose filenames were identical to that of the original DVD - VTS, TS, & VOB files) through MediaCenter & it worked exactly like the original DVD.

I then used MediaCenter to burn a copy to a blank DVD, selecting the DVD Video option, which also worked perfectly. The filenames were again identical. It played fine on my PC via MediaCenter and on one of my standalone DVD players.

However, it would not play at all on another of my standalone DVD players, possibly slightly older than the first one.

Is there any way I can make a copy of such movie DVDs that will play more reliably on most standalone DVD players? Any idea why this one played on one player but not on the other (on which the original DVD plays fine)?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: burning dvds
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 02:07:20 pm »

We recently did some tuneup work in this area.  Are you using the latest build from the top of the MC17 board?

asio kid

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 02:32:05 pm »

Do you mean the stable one referred to in the 10/20/11 post at the top of the "Upgrade to MC17 -- Questions and Answers" thread, OR "A newer, but possibly less stable build will be found in a thread near the top of this board" mentioned next in this same post? If the "newer but less stable" one, where can I download it?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 02:34:52 pm »

It's 17.0.172 in a thread near the top of this board.

This explains how updates work:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Updates

asio kid

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2012, 02:36:29 pm »

I already have version 17.0.165, which is a later version than the one that appears on the download tab. Does that answer your question about whether I need to download the latest version?

asio kid

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2012, 02:39:58 pm »

Sorry, but I can't find version 17.0.172 in any thread in the board. Can you send me a link to download it?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2012, 02:45:59 pm »

It's in the second thread.  Maybe you need to refresh the page.

asio kid

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2012, 09:56:12 am »

I found and downloaded the latest version, 17.0.172 and burned a new DVD from the movie on my hard drive. When I tried it in the DVD player that couldn't read the copy I made with 17.0.165, at least it didn't say "Can't Read Disc." But it just showed "Title 7" in the display on the DVD player, and nothing worked: it wouldn't play, show the title, etc.

Is there any other way I can make a DVD from the movie on my hard drive that will play on that player, and on others that may have similar fussiness? If not with MediaCenter, is there some other program that will reliably make such copies?
Pages: [1]   Go Up