INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 'The file name could not be found error' on MS17  (Read 864 times)

bassmann

• Recent member
'The file name could not be found error' on MS17
« on: June 16, 2012, 12:58:06 am »

Hi,

I've just put a new HDD in my HTPC and transferred by library across. The new drive is a different drive letter. I've changed the file library paths in the options but I appears the links do not automatically update.

When I play a file in theatre view I get the error 'The file name could not be found'
I can play these by manually selecting Drives & Devices in Std View.

How do I relink my library?

Regards,

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Cheers
Re: 'The file name could not be found error' on MS17
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2012, 01:19:34 am »

Create a smartlist with filename (path) contains the same as your old drive letter [Filename (path)]="D:\" for example and then select the files and use
tools-->library tools-->rename, move, & copy files in the RMC window select update database to point... and clear all check marks except find & replace
enter your old drive letter in find and your new drive letter in replace.
You may or may not want to add addition filters depending on what was moved for example if you only moved audio files you would use
[Media Type]=[Audio] [Filename (path)]="D:\" in the smartlist (make sure to use the :\ or you will get anything with that letter in the path)
The bold sections above can be copy/pasted into the import/export section of the smartlist window obviously you will want to enter your specific parameters.

Another option would be to change the drive letter of the drive to the old letter by using disk management in
control panel-->administrative tools-->computer management-->disk management
or you can open the start menu and enter diskmgmt.msc in the search.
Sean
Pages: [1]   Go Up