INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Silent Rip  (Read 640 times)

drhyoung

• Recent member
Silent Rip
« on: June 16, 2012, 03:11:39 am »

Hi,

I'm still just getting started with MC.
We run an HTPC and, all going well, we will be moving to JRiver.
I'm currently running Vista on my HTPC, but will soon move to Windows 8 (for "Storage Spaces").
We have two zones and both could be audio and/or video.
JRiver looks very good at handling the two zones concurrently.

1..One thing I haven't figured out, is how to get a CD/BD/DVD to be silently ripped into the Media Library and tags generated. To test, I put a DVD into the tray and closed it. Sometimes the rip would start and somethimes it wouldn't. (I noticed that the Control Panel's AutoPlay config only recognises CD's being ripped to disk.) When the DVD did rip, it would take over the UI, and I couldn't run Theatre mode. I've also tried "MC17.exe /silentlyimport D:\" (where D: is my DVD drive) but it does nothing. Any thoughts much appreciated.

2..I've been using WMC and MyMovies for cataloging. MyMovies is very accurate in matching the DVD to metadata. From discussion about use AnyDVD I supect that hashes of movies (or one or more constituent files that would normally be encrypted) are stored amongst web metadata and matched. I haven't had such accuracy with JRiver. Is there anything I can do to tune things ?

Great product. Pity it took me 5 years to discover it !

David
Pages: [1]   Go Up