INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio File Conversion Creating Duplicates  (Read 1270 times)

The Mastermind

• World Citizen
Audio File Conversion Creating Duplicates
« on: June 15, 2012, 12:59:59 am »

I noticed today that some of my albums now have the same song listed up to fifteen times. MC17 hasn't created duplicates of the file but rather multiple entries all pointing to the same file. They were stacked but there were fifteen stacks all pointing to the same converted file.

These duplicates are scattered throughout 20 000 files. How do I get rid of them?

I actually thought the conversion option was switched off. I have switched it off now and deleted the converted files.

The Mastermind

• World Citizen
Re: Audio File Conversion Creating Duplicates
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2012, 04:59:31 am »

Rather than start a new thread for unrelated problems, I thought I would describe my other problems here.

I am on a wireless client trying to tag my music files. Auto sync is checked and I also manually sync to be sure. But the changes do not go through. In some cases I have now manually updated my files twice and when I open the library on my client again all is as it was before. The files being tagged are from obscure R&B 78s and I lose info such as year and label and will have to return to the web to find it again.

I am also grading songs from the client and the grades are not recorded. In addition to which songs that were graded years ago keep turning up as ungraded. Files I move also stay put.

Yet another issue I'm having is that my audio device keeps changing when I reboot and I have to manually switch it to get sound. This is beyond my wife and children who can't use MC when I am out.

All of these problems are recurrent and making my experiences with MC increasingly frustrating.

The Mastermind

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2012, 06:55:08 am »

I am also grading songs from the client and the grades are not recorded. In addition to which songs that were graded years ago keep turning up as ungraded.
I know what's happening here, the songs are duplicates. One listing for a file is graded, while the other fifteen are not.

My Songs In the Key of Life by Stevie Wonder has about 250 tracks.

The Mastermind

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2012, 02:27:29 am »

The problem has now appeared with MP3s for the first time. I have to work on my server because any other machine is too unreliable.

I am updating some tags on some MP3s, changing dates from the date the CD was issued to he date the songs were recorded. I scroll down the screen for a moment and when I scroll back up the songs have created doubles of themselves except the doubles have the old tags and not the new. So I now have two listings for each song with a different set of tags.

I would appreciate some advice here because this is beyond frustrating. I intended to do some much needed library maintenance this weekend but am running in circles because of endless bugs.

The Mastermind

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2012, 02:32:00 am »

I just watched it happen. While the files were still highlighted for updating, they multiplied before my eyes.

The Mastermind

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2012, 10:58:26 pm »

I take it nobody is interested to know about this exceedingly odd behaviour of MC.

I spent several hours deleting all of the duplicates but am now in the position of not knowing whether they will mysteriously return.

I've got to say that support in this instance was non-existent. And I still don't know why it happened or how to prevent it.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2012, 07:34:18 am »

I don't have any idea why you're seeing what you are.  Sorry.
Pages: [1]   Go Up