INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Jukebox 8.0.263 Beta Available...  (Read 3327 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Jukebox 8.0.263 Beta Available...
« on: April 30, 2002, 02:21:40 pm »

Media Jukebox 8.0.263 beta is available:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaJukebox8.exe

WARNING: This is beta software, do not download and install it if you are not sure of your abilities to deal with bugs.

Please backup your library and your license.

(note: you can use "Help->Check for Updates" if you've installed a previous beta of 8.0 to reduce the download size)

History:

1. Fixed: Spin control in CD Writer would not work. (stupid SourceSafe)
2. Fixed: Green Eyes skin had couple problems (check boxes states,slider size etc.)
3. Fixed: File lists could lose their focus when [Enter] was pressed.
4. Fixed: File Properties dialog would not always have the focus when it started.
5. Fixed: Leaving a combobox in the File Properties dialog would kill the keyboard focus.
6. Fixed: When MJ naturally stops playing, it'll do a more aggressive sound card flush to make sure nothing is left when playback starts again.
7. Changed: If no volume is available (M-Audio, etc.), the volume slider background will no longer be drawn.
8. Fixed: Playlist view would show a "Seq" column for modes like "Files in playlist or below."
9. Fixed: Double-clicking on a tree item to start playback with shuffle enabled, would always play the first track first.
10. Fixed: "Top Hits" and "Recently Played" could use album sorting instead of "Seq" if all the tracks were from the same album.
11. Fixed: Menu library selection would be grayed out. (stupid SourceSafe)
12. NEW: Added rip speed to CD copy tool.
13. Fixed: Wait / status messages would not be skinned properly.
14. Fixed: Using "Edit" menu at root of Devices could crash MJ.
15. Fixed: Several right views had unnecessary borders. (CD, Web, Plugin, HH, etc.)
16. Fixed: Text control window would flicker during text change.
17. Fixed: Frame and dialog border sizing regions were incorrect.
18. Fixed: During closing Media Jukebox would disappear and only then stop music.
19. NEW: Added "none" to display plugin choices.
20. NEW: Trees now drawn completely by MJ with MEGA-ME skinning enabled -- fixes several draw problems and increases speed.
21. Changed: ReplayGain page was redisigned, link to the ReplayGain web site added.
22. Fixed: Sometimes CD writer would add files twice to the list.
23. Fixed: Download Manager would not close during MJ installation.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

dragyn

RE:Media Jukebox 8.0.263 Beta Available...
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2002, 03:06:25 pm »

Player window goes blank..black text/box, not being redrawn. Needs restart. Mega-Me skin OFF, right click file/tree.

Easyrider

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2002, 03:47:31 pm »

Player window goes blank..black text/box, not being redrawn. Needs restart. Mega-Me skin OFF, right click file/tree.

Same as Dragyn when ripping.
Also, when playing, player window turns black and grey and  time remaining digets not readable
using disable skins.

Media Jukebox PLUS 8.0.263

CPU: Intel Pentium II 233 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 196 MB, Free - 90 MB

Internet Explorer: 5.50.4807.2300
ComCtl32.dll: 5.50.4807.2300
Shlwapi.dll: 5.50.4807.2300
Shell32.dll: 4.72.3812.600
wnaspi32.dll: 4.60 (1021) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1999 Adaptec, Inc.
Aspi32.sys: N/A

sekim

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2002, 03:50:08 pm »

Not seeing any of the dashed connecting lines in tree view when expanded. Deleted? This happens with 'Z' and 'Green Eyes'.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2002, 03:50:23 pm »

Bugs

Remote Control : Next\Previous Playlists skip Smartlists.

Display Window : I can't uncheck "Auto-Hide Bars"

Display Window : The vis/track info selection bar doesn't sync with what is displayed until the bars hide and then are re-shown. If bars are set to not Auto Hide, then it never syncs.

Display : With Display Plugin set to "None" there is an empty section in the Display menu where the Vis/Track Info Plugin menu used to be.

MEGA-ME Skinning : When I slide the content view\tree view bar, I get weird drawing errors, but only for the duration of the drag. It also doesn't drag smoothly.

MEGA-ME Skinning : Occasionally, I'll see flashes of that bight purple/pink color that's used for transparencies - mainly when resizing Statistics. The rest appear to be gone.

CD Burner : Is there something missing here, or am I just remembering wrong? I seem to recall there being more...

System Info

CPU: AMD Athlon 950 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 96 MB
OS: Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1  (Build 2600)

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2600.0000
ComCtl32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
wnaspi32.dll: 4.70 , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2001 Adaptec, Inc.
Aspi32.sys: 4.7

sekim

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2002, 03:55:54 pm »

Typo- The vis 'patern mix' should be paTTern mix.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2002, 04:02:35 pm »

Anybody else having this problem? Whenever I try to download the Sleep Timer plugin, MJ downloads it, and then gives me the following:

sekim

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2002, 04:27:47 pm »

Nice touch adding the ripping speed.

dragyn

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2002, 04:32:14 pm »

Doof,

This happens when trying to install Arsenolite too (package failure). When trying to install it manually, MJ says "only Input/DSP plugins can be added" even though this is a display plugin.

When opening a .pls file that contains streaming files, MJ chokes when the file doesn't exist.

apollumi

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2002, 04:41:01 pm »

I had the same error when trying to install any plugin. I found that if I save the plugin installer to my computer and then run it the install works properly.

RemyJ

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2002, 04:59:14 pm »

Thanks for the rip speed indicator!!  It's actually the most useful enhancement so far considering I've got another few hundred CDs to rip.

>>>Also, when playing, player window turns black and grey and time remaining digets not readable
>>>using disable skins.

Me too.  
Start MJ with skins disabled.  Player text is yellow/white over the gray gradient background.
Bring up a tree context menu by right clicking and the player text changes to black.
Drag the divider left or right or play a file and the player background turns black.
It's hard to read black on black.

I also noticed that several of the message box popups when a CD is recognized are black.  The "gather information..." box perhaps?

OK with a skin.

Also, when changing skins testing the previous problem, I got a "Critical error: ...failed to save a necessary database file"
...temp.mjd as ... mediafiles.mjd.
during the restart.   Not always, maybe 2 of the 6 times I was swapping.

Remy
Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

JimH

• Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2002, 05:02:00 pm »

Doof,
On this problem:
> MEGA-ME Skinning : When I slide the content view\tree view bar, I get weird drawing errors, but only for the duration of the drag. It also doesn't drag smoothly.

On XP Home, I just see very minor redraw hesitation, using Green Eyes or Z skins.  If you see more, it could be the video driver.  Is it serious?  We probably won't chase it unless you feel it's important.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

sekim

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2002, 05:15:47 pm »

New Visualizations also. Like Endless Way and Vortex World.

LCtheDJ

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2002, 05:29:10 pm »

I also get the player window turn dark when I right click on a track in Playing Now.  Also the text in the player does not erase when a new track starts; the song titles just stack up (overlay) over each other.

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2002, 05:31:20 pm »

New Visualizations? Didn't see them. I'll have to look.

What is up with the MPEG Plus Encoder? I haven't been able to get it to work either by the internal or the external encoder for a while now. Is anyone else besides MachineHead having this problem? Is there any remedy? Am I doing something wrong? Is Clark Kent really Superman? Why do they call it "Tourist Season" if you can't shoot them? Why do they have Interstate Highways in Hawaii? What happens when an irresistable force meets an immovable object? If God is Love and Love is Blind, does that mean that Ray Charles is God? No. I know the answer to that one. Eric Clapton.

CVIII
That's right.
I'm cool.

ZRocker

« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2002, 05:32:04 pm »

Doof,

Try this for bad drawing during a slider drag:  Try dragging the slider in the Media File Properties dialog with MEGA-ME skins enabled...now that's really, really ugly!!

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2002, 06:25:04 pm »

JimH> The drawing problem isn't a big deal. What is a big deal though is that the slider doesn't drag smoothly. It's almost as though there are preset spots that it can be dragged to and anything in between doesn't work. It's kind of hard to explain. It moves in notches almost. I can never really put it where I want it. I have to settle for whichever of the two "notches" surrounding the desired location is closest.

ZRocker> Ah, I hadn't noticed that. Not only does it only let me slide it a few pixels, but when I do, the menus dissapear.

ZRocker

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2002, 07:04:12 pm »

Doof,

The lost menu (in Media File Properties) is a feature...kind of a mystery until you move your mouse pointer over the menu and they reappear (one-at-a-time...cool).  Microsoft is now suggesting this type of feature to keep your users 'alert' (kind of like the player window disappearance).

shelly

RE:Media Jukebox 8.0.263 Beta Bugs
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2002, 07:29:28 pm »

Bugs

1.  Mega-me gridline drawing errors when scrolling vertically.  The rows become very short, jagged, or disappear, but when focus changes to another window, the display returns to normal appearance.  This behavior does not occur when using the keyboard wheel to scroll.

2.  I’m getting the same drawing error as Doof when dragging the content\tree view bar.

3.  When minimizing the cd copy window, the MJ window also minimizes.  Is this the expected behavior?

MJ is not among the media players supported by the Logitech iTouch software.  The Logitech web site states “Logitech is actively pursuing the implementation of support for other popular players.”  Any idea if MJ will be supported?

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 1693 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 70 MB
OS: Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1  (Build 2600)

ComCtl32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
wnaspi32.dll: 4.57 (1008) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1997 Adaptec, Inc.
Aspi32.sys: 4.57 (1008)

shelly

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2002, 07:34:49 pm »

I just thought of one more thing.  Has the Playing Now - Artist Info feature not yet been enabled?  Find CD is working great, but Artist Info doesn't return any results.

Steve_O_Rama

« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2002, 07:58:30 pm »

I think this may have been reported before...

It's nice to have compilation cd's get the atrtis of each track, but when the CD is ripped, the the file directory should be Music/Various Artists/Album Name.
Instead a separate directory is created for each artist, with a subdirectory of the Album name containing one track.

DeathRider

• World Citizen
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2002, 08:02:08 pm »

As for the install package failures, I noticed it is foing it on beta 260 as well. Sooooo I will wait till 264. Besides that, you guys are rockin along great.
Robert Long

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2002, 08:25:42 pm »

Is it just me or is the Analyzing Devices plague back?

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2002, 08:31:09 pm »

I'm using iMesh to download music. When I use preview to listen to a track before it's finished downloading, MJ plays what's available from the temp directory (iMesh's temp directory). Later, when the song was finished downloading, iMesh moved it to the download folder and when I tried to remove the entry for that song from Playing Now, MJ crashes everytime. And when I start it back up, that song is still in Playing Now.

Another place I just noticed flashes of transparent color was around the top edge of the Browse for Folder box that pops up when you're using Import Media. Is this a skin bug, or an MJ bug? I'm using the Green Eyes skin...

Severian

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Data Stylist
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2002, 08:34:36 pm »

Green Eyes wins the prize for most confusing checkbox graphic yet. The first time I saw it, I requested 'delete' on an 80MB AVI that, if it were deleted off my hard drive, would render another program useless. I couldn't decide which state I thought was checked or unchecked, so the file remains...better safe than sorry. Other than that this skin's pretty sharp, though.
Severian

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2002, 08:42:17 pm »

Ok, this is whacked... while watching a video (avi only - and then it's not even all avi's) if I switch from internal display, to fullscreen and then back, the picture is now upside down.

ZRocker

« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2002, 03:15:18 am »

Severian,

I agree with you...that 'disabled' checkbox look Green Eyes uses is bad.  To the user is looks like a checkbox that is checked but disabled and not a checkbox that is unchecked...very, very confusing UI.

apollumi

• Recent member
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2002, 04:25:51 am »

A couple of things:

-This has been mentioned in a couple other threads, but it would be nice to have full multimedia keyboard functionality with MJ. I have a Microsoft Natural keyboard with multimedia keys and they only work with MJ when it is the active window. When using Windows Media Player, however, the keys control the player at all times, even while playing a full-screen game. It would be nice to be able to do this with MJ.

-It would also be nice to have separate settings for encoding and format conversion. Since my mp3 player doesn't support APE files (yet), I have to convert them to mp3 before I put them on the player. However, it gets to be a pain having to switch the encoder settings back and forth between mp3 and APE. I often forget and end up encoding a CD or two in mp3 before I realize and start over. Also, it would be convenient to have "convert format" as an option in the right-click menu.

I know these are minor things and bugs are first priority right now, but that's just my 2 cents. Thanks for the great product!

Dave

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2002, 07:00:13 am »

You can tell MJ to automatically convert files before transferring to a portable player.

I don't have a portable handy right now, so I can't give you the exact steps. Maybe somebody else can?

Jaguu

« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2002, 08:32:22 am »

Selecting Settings>Options in mega-me mode produces the following error:

1) The right side of the "Settings" menu panel disappears unter the Content view panel
2) It takes about 8-12 seconds) until the "Options" panel appears.

If I am in playback mode and do the same, then also the music is interrupted for the same time interval of 8-12 seconds.

This has been the case since at least version 8.0.180 and was reported before. It still the same.

Jaguu

CPU: AMD Athlon 704 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 392 MB, Free - 184 MB
OS: Microsoft Windows 2000  Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 2 (Build 2195)

ComCtl32.dll: 5.50.4704.1100
Shell32.dll: 5.00.3315.2902
wnaspi32.dll: 4.60 (1021) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1999 Adaptec, Inc.
Aspi32.sys: 4.60 (1021)

apollumi

• Recent member
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2002, 08:40:34 am »

Doof,

Thanks for the tip, I figured it out.

Dave

shelly

« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2002, 11:34:11 am »

Slight grammatical error in Help file:

Use Handhelds - Bitrate Conversion
The selected encoder supports the media file type. (For example, if the encoder selected is "Windows Media™" and the media type supported by the handheld device is "mp3", no conversion will not be performed.)

JimH

• Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2002, 11:43:15 am »

Doof,
It has been a long time since I did any programming, but I was able to fix your picture:

If you don't want to wait for the next build, you could try adjusting your monitor.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox
Pages: [1]   Go Up