INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Installing & Registering two computers  (Read 1613 times)

bigiron2

Installing & Registering two computers
« on: June 20, 2012, 10:15:29 am »

It said you can register 2 computers ( i.e work & home ) when I purchased MC17, but after the trial period, 14 days, I have to redo my 2nd computer, am I doing something wrong as far as registering goes ?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Installing & Registering two computers
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2012, 10:16:55 am »

This is explained under the "Purchase" link above.

The Install Key has a life of 14 days.  After that you must use your Registration Code to do a restore.

bigiron2

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2012, 03:05:14 pm »

Thank You Jim for the prompt response, I thought that's what I did last time and it quit working after the 14 day period.
I will try this again, apparently I'm doing something wrong, my home computer has been fine from the first day i registered so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Thank You
Doug

Photogeo180

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012, 02:47:16 pm »

Hi Jim,

I just got my new laptop which will be my music player (at last!) and of course I want to install MC17  :)

I purchased my license 3 months back so I guess I should go through the restore steps to get a new key.
If correct, my question is if this will affect the 1st computer and if I need to do any changes to it.

Last question, can MC17 run on both computers at the same time, until I’ll have the new one running the way I want? (I don’t want to abuse your generous multiple computers policy for the same person, I just prefer to be able to do copies/updates etc of my library without having to restart the program on both computers several times)

Thank you very much for your answer

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Cheers
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2012, 03:01:17 pm »

Hi Jim,

I just got my new laptop which will be my music player (at last!) and of course I want to install MC17  :)

I purchased my license 3 months back so I guess I should go through the restore steps to get a new key.
If correct, my question is if this will affect the 1st computer and if I need to do any changes to it.

Last question, can MC17 run on both computers at the same time, until I’ll have the new one running the way I want? (I don’t want to abuse your generous multiple computers policy for the same person, I just prefer to be able to do copies/updates etc of my library without having to restart the program on both computers several times)

Thank you very much for your answer

No you do not need to do anything to the original install and yes you can have them running simultaneously.
I am not sure what your final setup is going to be but you may be well served to run a server/client setup.
Sean

Photogeo180

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2012, 11:32:23 am »

Everything seems ok except from my playlists...
Regardless of the way I export/import them they "arrive" empty to the new computer and when I try to play them I get the message "there is nothing to play".
In both computers JRiver is version 17.0.165, the source computer is running Windows Vista 64 and the new Windows 7 Home Premium.
I don't get any error message during the whole process but the tracks of the playlists are not trensfered!
Help please  ?

Photogeo180

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2012, 04:38:51 pm »

Problem solved after (re)Configuring Auto-Import...yey!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up