INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DSD Streaming play of DSD256 & DSD512 (DSDIFF) sources with ASIO 2.2 devices  (Read 7414 times)

Bunpei

Hi,

I'm quite a newby here.
My friend and I are developping a new USB based ASIO 2.2 compatible DSD DAC as a DIY audio kit.
Our previous project was a SD memory card player(SDTrans384) capable of playing 44.1kHz/16bit - 384kHz/32bit & DSD64,128,256 (44.1kHz,48kHz series) sources. That made us convince DSD256 had a great potential for reproducing a hi-fi sound when we used ES9018 DAC chip. 
In the next step, our next challenge is a DSD512 play using USB. We will write a proprietary ASIO driver that can accept a DSD streaming (not DoP but genuine ASIO DSD) of DSD512(24.576MHz). I assume MC17 can be a reference player for that purpose without any further plug-in.
We'd be very happy if you could any suggestions on the prospect.

Bunpei

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Welcome to the forum.

That's a very exciting project.  We will try to support you.

Keep us informed of your progress and best of luck with it.

Bunpei

Hi, Jim,

I appreciated your immediate reply very much!
If we face any issues, we will post them here.

Bunpei

justbecause

Hi guys,

Is there any official confirmation from JRiver that the player supports DSD512 now?

(I don't see any mention of it in the changelogs.)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!

Is there any official confirmation from JRiver that the player supports DSD512 now?

Honestly I'm not sure.

Do you have a sample file at that rate?  If so, please share it with logs (at) jriver (dot) com.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

justbecause

Honestly I'm not sure.

Do you have a sample file at that rate?  If so, please share it with logs (at) jriver (dot) com.

Thanks.

Oh...nop, I don't...though I know that Bunpei could provide one - he's just converted material to DSD512 in the past to test it out with (if there's no original DSD512 content), and I've seen him give an account of it here - but I wanted to see official word from JRiver player and at least acknowledgement in the changelog, user guides, FAQs or somwehere official like that :). (As I am a proponent of DSD! but don't have DSD512 hardware with me just yet :) )

I suppose then, I would encourage Bunpei or anyone else capable of producing a DSD512 file, to email it to logs (at) jriver (dot) com for official changelog inclusion etc!
Pages: [1]   Go Up