INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Increase buffer for video playback from disk?  (Read 624 times)

greg.smalter

• World Citizen
Increase buffer for video playback from disk?
« on: June 23, 2012, 03:23:37 pm »

I am using build MC17 build 173 with the default local library, and the media itself is stored on a network drive. When playing DVD movies that I have ripped (with MC) to the network drive, it plays great 99.x% of the time, but 2 or 3 times per movie it has a hiccup and gets a bit garbled, then recovers. If I play directly from the DVD, this does not happen (I think this proves it's not an issue with my computer handling the rendering properly, but for what it's worth I'm using RO Standard even though I can handle ROHQ if I want to).

I see I can adjust the prebuffering for audio, and I see that the default buffering for optical discs is huge (I can take out the DVD and it still plays for many, many seconds). But, I don't know what the buffering situation is for playing from a network drive, and I don't see an option to change it.

The network is gigabit and it certainly must be faster than an optical drive, and I can play blu rays fine (I can't confirm or deny the same issue happening with blu rays because I only have one ripped and I haven't noticed it happen on that one) so it obviously has ample bandwidth. I feel like upping the buffer would be a good troubleshooting step, though. Any advice? Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up