INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Will an upgrade fix my problem?  (Read 633 times)

branty1970

• Recent member
Will an upgrade fix my problem?
« on: June 23, 2012, 04:45:51 pm »

Hi,

I'm currently running MC16 and am very happy with the performance. I have a PC piggybacked onto my TV which has MC16 installed and which talks to the server I have with all my media (audio, pictures and movies) stored on it. I've been playing with the DLNA service in that last few days and have been very underwhelmed. Audio and photos work very well when controlled from Gizmo but video is very hit and miss. I've also been trying this out from my Android tablet.

When using Gizmo and saying play x to my TV many videos have been stuttery. When played from the PC piggybacked onto the TV and connected with HDMI but the file is streamed across the same network they are fine. On my Android (ICS) tablet files are pixelated and stuttery when I choose to 'play here' from Gizmo but when played with MX Media player the quality is hugely better and no stutters.

Is there something I should be doing? I'm not sure where the video is rendered (on the server or client) but have tried setting my desktop PC as the MC server and this is still stuttery.

My whole network is GB and the WiFi is 802.11n so I can't see how I can improve it.

Will and upgrade to MC17 make a difference? Or is there something else I could do?

Thanks,
Martin.
Pages: [1]   Go Up