INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio album cover art questions/help needed  (Read 1353 times)

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Getting older every day
Audio album cover art questions/help needed
« on: June 23, 2012, 12:55:32 pm »

I'm trying to clean up my cover art, and part of that is reviewing what I already have for accuracy.  I'd used the automatic lookup in the past, and it didn't always get the right artwork, so now I'm manually reviewing it for accuracy.  In addition, I'm adding art for those albums missing it, or where it's too small currently.

First obstacle is compilation albums.  If the 'Album Artist' is blank, and there is more than one artist for the same album, I thought MC used to populate 'Album Artist (auto)' with (multiple artists), but this doesn't seem to be working now.  I looked in the wiki, and it says that the album must be in it's own folder.  I'm not sure that's accurate, but seems it might be, based on the behavior I'm seeing.

If this is accurate; PLEASE change this.  I have NO desire to have audio tracks in thousands of separate folders.  It just makes it harder for me to easily find what I want.  I name my music so that it sorts just fine in windows explorer, so it doesn't need to reside in separate folders, which just make it harder, and take longer to get to what I want.

Next, some tracks are shown as having cover art embedded in the file, but I cannot view the cover art in any way that I can determine.  MC says something about being unable to read/extract the cover art.  How can I force MC to either fix this issue, or just delete what it thinks it has, but cannot access?  If it's not currently usable, for whatever reason, I'd just prefer it be eliminated, so I can easily tell what has 'usable' cover art and what doesn't.

Next, how can I get all the embedded cover art to be placed in the cover art folder, and remove it from the tags, so that it's just in the one place?  Once I get it all cleaned up, I'll put it back in the tags, but for now, having it not in the tags is preferred.

Finally (for now), is there any way to get the 'Image (large thumbnail)' to be a bit bigger.  It's really hard to read the words on some of the covers, so making this 50% bigger would be very helpful to me, if possible.
pretend this is something funny

Urbanito

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Audio album cover art questions/help needed
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2012, 01:18:35 pm »

I second you. It is now my main problem with MC and I assume that the problem is mine.
Joao

vagskal

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Audio album cover art questions/help needed
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 04:30:45 am »

Did you have a look in the right click cover art menu?

Next, some tracks are shown as having cover art embedded in the file, but I cannot view the cover art in any way that I can determine.  MC says something about being unable to read/extract the cover art.

Are you saying right click => Cover Art => View (first file) does not work?

How can I force MC to either fix this issue, or just delete what it thinks it has, but cannot access?  If it's not currently usable, for whatever reason, I'd just prefer it be eliminated, so I can easily tell what has 'usable' cover art and what doesn't.

Have you tried right click => Cover Art => Remove Cover Art?

Next, how can I get all the embedded cover art to be placed in the cover art folder, and remove it from the tags, so that it's just in the one place?  Once I get it all cleaned up, I'll put it back in the tags, but for now, having it not in the tags is preferred.

You could try right click => Cover Art => Save Cover Art To External Location Specified In Options (and then delete the embedded cover art). Be aware that doing this will overwrite any cover art file already at the specified location. There is unfortunately no easy way to extract all cover art embedded in the music files of one album residing in one folder. Copying the cover art will not let you paste it in any other place than MC, i.e. you cannot paste to a folder in Windows Explorer to examine and adjust the embedded cover art.

Finally (for now), is there any way to get the 'Image (large thumbnail)' to be a bit bigger.  It's really hard to read the words on some of the covers, so making this 50% bigger would be very helpful to me, if possible.

Have you tried resizing the column with the large thumbnails? The small thumbnails cannot be made larger. You could also try List Style => Tiles.
Pages: [1]   Go Up