INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I can't play my videos in MC  (Read 1309 times)

Urbanito

• Galactic Citizen
I can't play my videos in MC
« on: June 24, 2012, 01:30:19 pm »

I have a bunch of small videos taken with my photo cameras.
Before, I could play them on Windows or Picasa, but they were on MY Photos files.
Now I have them on NAS, but I can see them on Windows. However, the videos albums have on the right low side the MC symbol.
When I want to play them, MC opens up, but with a message that something went wrong and I can't play them anymore.
My preference is to have MC just for my music, but it "invaded" almost all the computer.
I still want to see my images on Windows viewer, what I could defining windows viewer as the program to view them, but the videos that are on the same folders than the images come, as I said before, with the MC symbol and don't play at all.
I know that there is sound with the videos but even this sound I wanted to ear it with the movies outside MC.
Please help.

Urbanito

• Galactic Citizen
Re: I can't play my videos in MC
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 01:32:37 pm »

Sorry: On the title I wrote PC instead of MC. I hope that the correction works.

NickF

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 02:09:37 pm »

It looks as though you need to change the file type associations.  Go to Tools > Options > File Types and set the file type for your videos to No.

Nick.
HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10

Urbanito

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2012, 03:07:23 pm »

Hi Nick:
Thank you very much for your support.
I followed the steps you told me, but I couldn't find the file type for my videos or even the word Video.
Could you assist me again?
Kind regards
Joao

Urbanito

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2012, 03:19:38 pm »

I think I did something similar to your recommendation, but when I try to play a video it still opens om MC with a message that MC don't recognize the media type "video".
More help, please?

NickF

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2012, 03:35:53 pm »

Go to Tools > Options > General > Features.  Expand the list of Features and check whether "Video Support" is checked.  I think it may not be.  Check this then go back to the File Associations and you should find the list.

I think this file association for your videos may have been set before you deselected Video Support.  You can also change file associations on installation or update.

If this doesn't work, you will have to do it in Windows.

Nick.

HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10

Urbanito

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2012, 04:17:34 pm »

Hi Nick:
Thanks again. It now plays well. I also had to change ASIO to Direct.
Great.
Kind regards,
Joao
Pages: [1]   Go Up