INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Accessibility to Media Jukebox functions  (Read 529 times)

nila

Accessibility to Media Jukebox functions
« on: April 30, 2002, 03:43:31 am »

I'm not sure if you read the post about Album View but as you can see from that post, the designer of the plugin is unable to interact fully with Media Jukebox.
One of Media Jukebox's strongest growing points I feel is going to be it's ability for external programmers to make plugins. This was one of the main strong points of Winamp along with it's skinning.
Access to features such as the file properties dialog box, the ability to get images, etc should all be made accessible to plugins etc in order to make them as useful as possible.
It should also be possible for plugins to fully control Media Player and also for instance control it so that a plugin can make media jukebox jump to a particular artist and/or album in the library.

Features such as this would give HUGE power to plugin developers as well as giving even more power to things like remote controls which bundled into what is already a great jukebox program would make it ridiculasly powerful and easily trample over any oposing jukebox program.

Shortcut keys are also extremely important I feel to make it easier to jump around quickly using the keyboard but also for Remote Controls (even if this takes a while, this will eventually kick in as a commonly used feature for computers and if you already have full support for it you will be the natural choice as and when people add them to their systems).

Keys for instance to play the entire current selection, to add the current select would be hugely welcomed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up