INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tagging classical music  (Read 1058 times)

asio kid

• Recent member
Tagging classical music
« on: June 25, 2012, 01:57:49 pm »

I read the Wiki pages about this, but there doesn't appear to be any decent solution - just various totally different ideas from various users, all of which require a lot of work.

Have I missed anything?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Tagging classical music
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 02:35:49 pm »

There is no agreement among users about how classical files should be tagged or named.  You may need to add custom fields.

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Tagging classical music
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 08:09:53 pm »

In April I started this thread:  http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=71829.0  I started it looking for assistance in tagging classical for use in Theater View. It ends up that the results are useful for Theater View or Standard View.

In the first post of that thread I linked to an older thread that contains a lot of very helpful information. If you study the two threads it may help to get you started. As Jim said there is no agreement among users how classical should be tagged. There are many ways to set it up. I was originally hoping for something automatic but ended up with a fairly simple manual tagging method. I might make it more elaborate later but for now I'm finding what I have done to be a huge improvement over default for our needs.

Rod
Pages: [1]   Go Up