INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Enable Pane Tagging" message. Feature or bug?  (Read 980 times)

Alternet

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
"Enable Pane Tagging" message. Feature or bug?
« on: June 26, 2012, 03:08:42 pm »

I always drag & drop files into the panes and with each new version of MC I would have to enable pane tagging once. On MC17 I have to enable pane tagging several times a session. Feature or bug? If its a feature, can I get a check box to ignore or permanently enable?

Pete

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Cheers
Re: "Enable Pane Tagging" message. Feature or bug?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 07:43:26 pm »

Can you give some more detail on what you mean by drag and drop files into panes.
Where are you dragging the file from and what type of pane is it.
I ask because I have never heard of dragging a file onto a pane and what I just tried did nothing other than show a red circle with a slash through it.

Never-mind I see now.
Sean

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: "Enable Pane Tagging" message. Feature or bug?
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 12:00:59 am »

A version or two ago, if pane tagging is enabled in a view, it stays enabled, but if you leave the view, and then return to the previous view, pane tagging will have been automatically turned off.

It's a feature introduced to protect us from ourselves.

A "Don't ask again" check box could be useful there, I would certainly use it...

If you use tabs, then pane tagging enabled in a tab will stay enabled if you switch tabs then switch back again.
Similarly, if you use a dual view, you can drag files from the active view to the inactive view (the one with pane tagging enabled) and drop, and the tag is applied.

-marko
Pages: [1]   Go Up