INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trying to figure out podcasts  (Read 634 times)

icanrule

• World Citizen
Trying to figure out podcasts
« on: June 28, 2012, 05:55:00 am »

I have been using podcast downloads from J Rivers for a long time now and have never been able to get it to work completely right.  It downloads the podcasts on it's own but there are some strange activities that can maybe be explained. 

Issue #1: In the podcast section when I choose a podcast it has the list of podcasts in the rss feed.  However status is almost always set to "Not in Feed".  It is indeed on the hard drive though. I guess I'm not exactly understanding what this column name means.

Issue #2: When I go to the audio section and search for genre "podcast" (it's one of the tag properties I set for genre) it shows all the files. But there are all these duplicates.  Usually 2 but sometimes more then that.  They each contain the same name but the duplages will have the character "_" after them.  Other times it puts (1) after them.  I don't know if I should delete them or if they are somehow connected to the podcast section. 

Question #1: I want to change the format of which these are named.  Currently they have the date of the podcast in front of them.  But I would like to change it to be [track #]. [album] - [name] ([date]).  I'm frightened that if I make this change in the audio section that it will mess up the podcast section. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up