INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: adobe audition hijacked .flac association and wont release it  (Read 2406 times)

Bengi010

• World Citizen

I know this is certainly not an MC issue, but I'm hoping someone here may have an idea.  I installed Adobe CS6 recently and Audition took the .flac association.  I can still launch music from within MC but double clicking a file now launches audition instead of MC.  Normally this is an easy fix, you just set the association back to the program you want under Default Programs in the control panel (Win 7).  But for flac it isn't working.  I've also tried it a dozen times, I've tried setting MC as the default program for every file it can open, and yes I've tried restarting the computer.  I've searched the internet and the Adobe help pages.  I have run out of ideas.
Intel Core i-5 6600K, Asus Z170-A ATX Motherboard, Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Ram, Asus Xonar Essence STX,
                                          Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 1000w PSU, Lian-Li PC-B25F ATX Tower,
                                   Dell S2716DG G-Sync Monitor & AOC 2230 Monitor, Corsair Hydro H60 Cooler,
                                                                    Windows 10, JRiver MC 23

NickF

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: adobe audition hijacked .flac association and wont release it
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 12:46:01 pm »

Is there an Adobe process running when you make the file association change?  Have a look with Task Manager and stop the process and try the change again.  Just a thought.

Alternatively, uninstall Adobe Audition and make the change then reinstall.  Did it give you the option to make associations on install, like MC does?

Nick.
HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10

Vincent Kars

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 07:16:00 am »

Have you tried "Associate a file type"?

Bengi010

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2012, 11:47:36 am »

I did try associate file type, and it did not work.  The problem resolved itself.  I'm not sure how but my guess is that it happened when MC updated. 
Intel Core i-5 6600K, Asus Z170-A ATX Motherboard, Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Ram, Asus Xonar Essence STX,
                                          Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 1000w PSU, Lian-Li PC-B25F ATX Tower,
                                   Dell S2716DG G-Sync Monitor & AOC 2230 Monitor, Corsair Hydro H60 Cooler,
                                                                    Windows 10, JRiver MC 23
Pages: [1]   Go Up