INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Australia IceTV remote recording  (Read 1552 times)

Z0001

• Citizen of the Universe
Australia IceTV remote recording
« on: June 30, 2012, 11:39:56 pm »

Hi

I am looking at finally working to get TV in MC to be all singing and dancing in my set up.  This means reliability of regularly updated OTA guide data and an ability to do remote recording.

I started using IceTV guide data (IceTV is Australian) and it seems to work great and the guide that JRiver produces is fantastic.  I enquired to IceTv, who are a subscription provider of TV guide info and remote recording technology if JRiver would work with their remote recording ability. They said no, but that JRiver could implement it in their software (IceTV would send their API).

Is this something that JRiver would consider, or alternatively themselves enabling remote recording and OTA guide data into future versions.  JRiver is a great piece of software, one of those products that is always surprising me in how good it is, and in my view TV is possibly the one missing strength that would make Windows MC redundant.

Something to ponder?
Thanks

imugli

• MC Beta Team
Re: Australia IceTV remote recording
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 05:03:27 pm »

+1 for this! I think there are a few of us here using IceTV in Oz and the ability to schedule recordings from my Android would be great!

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 01:17:16 am »

Remote recording would be fantastic, but I'd prefer to see it done directly through MC somehow rather than through a 3rd party like IceTV.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 02:24:47 am »

All we really need is in GIZMO the ability to view the EPG then select play/record!
JRiver CEO Elect

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2012, 02:57:24 am »

It would be great for Gizmo to have this functionality, but isn't gizmo essentially a DLNA player / controller?

Would those sorts of commands be supported by DLNA?

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2012, 03:18:35 am »

As long as Web Gizmo got this ability I'd be happy.
Pages: [1]   Go Up