INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cyrus Streamer and MC17 - anybody else use these and have problems?  (Read 1944 times)

stevenfenby74

Hi
    First time posting on here, in fact on anywhere.... ever!!  I have had a cyrus streamer for about 6 months and the sound quality is fantastic, but in comparison to itunes I found the folder based control through the cyrus "n remote" really old fashioned and very frustrating!

Thankfully I stumbled on MC17 which seemed to offer the perfect solution of being able to push high res files through a high quality system without interfering with the quality of the sound whilst still being able to live in the 21st century and control music using my iphone and ipad (using JRemote). However I have encountered several issues(using JRemote and off the computer directly) which despite trawling the forums(I think I must be the only person out there using MC with Cyrus as nobody has mentioned it) and trying every option I can think of, I am still no more further forward.

These are: 1. When I change albums it plays the first song of the new album before reverting back to one further track from the previous album and then continues on its merry way playing the new album.
                2. I have just bought a new DAC (audiolab MDAC) and as well as being amazing it also measures the file resolution. When streaming 24bit files using MC17 it only states 16bit - this changes to 24bit if I use the cyrus remote (i.e. not MC17).

The first one is a quirk I can live wth but the second I can't as I want to play and control hi res files. Things that I have done already - Use WASPAI, turned sound off, dont have anything selected in DSP studio.

Further information that maybe relevant is that the files are all lossless FLAC held on a NAS drive which is wired to the cyrus (i.e. its not been beamed across wirelessly).

Thank you

Steve

stevenfenby74

Re: Cyrus Streamer and MC17 - anybody else use these and have problems?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 11:43:52 am »

It really is looking like I am the only one! :(

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2012, 03:29:32 pm »

Hi
    First time posting on here, in fact on anywhere.... ever!!  I have had a cyrus streamer for about 6 months and the sound quality is fantastic, but in comparison to itunes I found the folder based control through the cyrus "n remote" really old fashioned and very frustrating!

Thankfully I stumbled on MC17 which seemed to offer the perfect solution of being able to push high res files through a high quality system without interfering with the quality of the sound whilst still being able to live in the 21st century and control music using my iphone and ipad (using JRemote). However I have encountered several issues(using JRemote and off the computer directly) which despite trawling the forums(I think I must be the only person out there using MC with Cyrus as nobody has mentioned it) and trying every option I can think of, I am still no more further forward.

These are: 1. When I change albums it plays the first song of the new album before reverting back to one further track from the previous album and then continues on its merry way playing the new album.
The device probably has broken support for the SetNextAVTransportURI function.
In the zone for the Cyrus under "Playing Now" right-click and go to the "DLNA controller options". Select "disable SetNext support".
                2. I have just bought a new DAC (audiolab MDAC) and as well as being amazing it also measures the file resolution. When streaming 24bit files using MC17 it only states 16bit - this changes to 24bit if I use the cyrus remote (i.e. not MC17).

The first one is a quirk I can live wth but the second I can't as I want to play and control hi res files. Things that I have done already - Use WASPAI, turned sound off, dont have anything selected in DSP studio.

Further information that maybe relevant is that the files are all lossless FLAC held on a NAS drive which is wired to the cyrus (i.e. its not been beamed across wirelessly).

The settings for playback in MC are not the same as the ones that control DLNA (I'm assuming your DAC is DLNA).
Under
Tools->Options->Media Network->Add or configure DLNA servers... ->your server (probably Generic DLNA, the default)->Audio conversion
you could try "Always Convert" and "uncompressed - 24 bit"

stevenfenby74

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2012, 07:55:44 am »

It worked a treat! thanks Bob really appreciate it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up