INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Writing on the Wall  (Read 804 times)

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
Writing on the Wall
« on: April 29, 2002, 04:10:09 pm »

Just curious how you see this:

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Microsoft Corp. told a federal judge on Monday it will not call nearly half of its remaining defense witnesses, citing "progress made so far" in defending itself from severe antitrust sanctions.

Full article:
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=578&ncid=578&e=8&u=/nm/20020430/ts_nm/microsoft_dc_245
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

sekim

RE:Writing on the Wall
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2002, 04:25:16 pm »

Jim,

I can only hope that MJ is so successful that you need to bundle MM-Winamp-Real just so they retain some market share. Punished for being the best is not what a capitlistic America is about. I can hear the naysayers already, prove me wrong.

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2002, 05:34:05 am »

I assume you mean MS makes good products and should be left alone.  

If you want to have a single source of software, that's a good idea.  And it won't stop with software.  

I posted this because it seems to me that the trial is not going well for Microsoft.  Their witnesses have had a habit of putting their feet in their mouths.  I think they decided to cut their losses.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

DocLotus

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2002, 10:24:35 am »

Who makes the "Best" software.  Just compare Microsoft Media Player to MJ 8.0... no contest.  Even after adding all the extras from the Plus Pack & all the on-line goodies form Microsoft, it's still MJ 8.0 hands down!
Pages: [1]   Go Up