INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with rename  (Read 682 times)

WeeHappyPixie

• Galactic Citizen
  • Gonnae no dae that..
Help with rename
« on: July 03, 2012, 12:48:01 pm »

Hi,

Hoping someone can assist me here.

I have two separate libraries, WMA and FLAC. Most of the WMA files have FLAC versions but not all so I have created a new library with both the WMA and FLAC files which naturally showed up as duplicate songs. After reading the forums and browsing the wiki I learned about stacking and telling it that FLAC was the main version if both versions were found.

This worked for the majority of the files and I love the stacks feature however some of my songs have different track names (track #, artist etc are the same). For example, I may have Oxygen Part 4 in WMA and Oxygen pt IV in FLAC and this causes the stack to fail for that track.

Is there a quick and simple way to rename the files or do I have to go through every song in my collection and manually check and rename them. I have over 45,000 files which will take me ages.

Sorry for the long explanation.

Hope someone can help.

John

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Help with rename
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 02:23:44 pm »

Check out the 'Rename, Move, and Copy Files' and the 'Fill Properties From File Name' functions.  'Find and Replace' is also helpful if you are trying to fix tag info and need to change a bunch of the same thing (like ' pt ' to ' Part ').
Pages: [1]   Go Up