INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Jukebox 8.0.261Beta Available...  (Read 3695 times)

Nikolay

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Former CTO, JRiver, Inc.
Media Jukebox 8.0.261Beta Available...
« on: April 29, 2002, 01:59:40 pm »

Media Jukebox 8.0.261 beta is available:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaJukebox8.exe

WARNING: This is beta software, do not download and install it if you are not sure of your abilities to deal with bugs.

Please backup your library and your license.

(note: you can use "Help->Check for Updates" if you've installed a previous beta of 8.0 to reduce the download size)

History:
1. Fixed: InstallWizard would not close Media Server during installation.
2. Fixed: Contact Author link would not work correctly.
3. Fixed: Full screen display bars / mouse would disappear after mouse clicks.
4. Changed: Full screen display bars / mouse disappear timer set to 5 seconds. (from 2-3)
5. NEW: Added spin control to number of copies in CD Writer tool.
6. Fixed: Sizing arrows would display even when MJ was maximized. (MEGA-ME)
7. Fixed: List controls would have non-painted regions at their top. (MEGA-ME / Win2k)
8. Fixed: Tab in Playlist view did not switch the focus to the tree.
9. Fixed: Playback time display would start above 0 with large immediate buffering selected.
10. Fixed: Starting a new track right when MJ was finishing the last track could cause problems.
11. Fixed: In Import files window & would be replaced with _ in file names.
12. Fixed: Media Jukebox would lose its keyboard focus when switching between apps.
13. Fixed: Media Jukebox would do too aggressive of an update when dragging files from a list to the tree.
14. Fixed: Long time visualization leak. (would not properly destroy internal buffers on Win9x)
15. Fixed: Double-clicking on Track Info to toggle full-screen mode would make funny IE selections.
16. Changed: No longer 3 display plugin modes (MEGA-ME, mini-me, Full-Screen) -- now just mini-me and MEGA-ME / Full-Screen.
17. Fixed: Media Jukebox's database would become corrupt and "lose" files if a field in the ID3V2 tag exceeded 10k.
18. Fixed: Media Jukebox's database would become corrupt if ";"'s were used in the Album Artist.
19. Fixed: Two minimize buttons would be visible in some windows ( Green Eyes skin ).
20. Changed: Added "Gapless" to playback between-tracks modes. (same as Standard -> 0 gap, but more intuitive)
21. Fixed: Gapless playback wouldn't kick-in the new track right away on manual track changes.
22. Fixed: Disk Writer would not close the last file it wrote.
22. Fixed: Importing or trying to play some asx files would lock MJ.
23. Fixed: Download Manager would not import files correctly into Media Jukebox.

ZRocker

RE:Media Jukebox 8.0.261Beta Available...
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2002, 02:23:09 pm »

Bugs:

5. NEW: Added spin control to number of copies in CD Writer tool.

1. It would be nice if the control worked...you might need to add some code to support the spin control...as is, it does nothing.

Fixed: Contact Author link would not work correctly.

2. This links to the author's webpage...not the author's email.  Typically, you contact the author via email...am I missing something?  Why did you get rid of the two URL support (website and email)?

dragyn

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2002, 02:41:33 pm »

Unable to switch libraries from the file menu. Entries are greyed out. I'm not connnected to anything either. I am able to switch from Library Manager.

JimH

• Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2002, 03:17:04 pm »

Zrocker,
I asked for a single point of contact (email or web).
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

nila

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2002, 03:29:22 pm »

hmm, my visualations seem to have disappeared and I cant get them back when in the: Playing Now window.
All the track info that used to display there is gone now.

Also - I need to know what Ports does Media Jukebox use to do what with so I can create an appropriate rule in my firewall.

cjdshaw

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2002, 03:30:02 pm »

8. Fixed: Tab in Playlist view did not switch the focus to the tree.
Confirmed as fixed

12. Fixed: Media Jukebox would lose its keyboard focus when switching between apps.
Confirmed as fixed

22. Fixed: Importing or trying to play some asx files would lock MJ.
Confirmed as fixed

I can confirm Dragyn's problem. Libraries are grayed out.

MP3 playback still squeaks and pops if you analyse replay gain on another mp3. This has happened in EVERY MJ8 build so far, and I've reported it regularly. Can you reproduce not it, is it hard to fix or is it too low on your list of priorities?

Back to build 160
2. Fixed: After using Update Library MJ would jump behind other windows.
This has come back, but only if Remove Files is checked

Focus problems getting better. Many thanks Next Page. Ones still turning up:
Selecting a track in Media Library and pressing Return to play it looses keyboard focus (with Jump to Playing Now turned off)
Selecting a single file and pressing Alt-Enter leaves focus in the main window with no way of editting properties.
Editting Genre in File Properties then pressing Return loses focus entirely.

Keep up the good work though

LCtheDJ

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2002, 03:31:15 pm »

For a couple of builds now, I have noticed that when starting play from stop, I get a quick couple of clicks before the music starts.  It's not the track; doesn't do it when going from one track to the next - only starting play from stop.

cjdshaw

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2002, 03:35:40 pm »

Updated my laptop from b160 to b161 and noticed it did quite a long "Updating Library..."
Then ran b160 on my desktop intending to do Ctrl-J to update that too and was greeted with
"You are trying to open a library that is too new for this version. Please install latest version"
In this case, it would be a lot friendlier if it would automatically take you to the update screen.

LCtheDJ

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2002, 03:36:19 pm »

Seeking smooth (fast), and stop fadeout (fast) seem to be faster in this build.  I had to change from 'fast' to 'normal' to get the same effect that I used to get from 'fast'.

JimH

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2002, 03:39:17 pm »

Nila,
In the currently playing window, try the little dark triangles and the grid in between.  If that doesn't work, start a new thread.

cjdshaw
replay gain issue may have to wait --not sure -- we do notice what you say but ....
Jim Hillegass

cjdshaw

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2002, 03:52:24 pm »

JimH> replay gain issue may have to wait --not sure -- we do notice what you say but ....

OK, that's cool.

Another replay gain problem though Next Page. I often have to analyse replay gain twice. I seems like the values don't get saved the first time.

dragyn

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2002, 03:59:24 pm »

A minor problem I've noticed (WinME/2496) is when a caution/error(?) dialog box comes up and you have windows sounds turned off (no sounds specified), it seems as if windows is trying to play a non-exsistant wav file. This is annoying when playing music cause it will pop & click. This is what I think is happening. Anyway to not have it play the default error sound or a different dialog box or something?

When I open options or something similar when playing, it doesn't seem to do this. Mega-Me skin On or Off (I thought it was a video problem).

Can anyone confirm this? Maybe I drive with the music too loud?
-
Using a sound card that has no volume control hides the volume slider position. Any way to hide the background image for volume also? Looks like one of my old broken radios with the sliders broke off.
-
Using a 640X480 display overlaps text in the player window (default player window setup settings, unreadable). I think something needs to be changed here as it will be noticable to new users with no knowledge of changing this option. Just a FYI.
-
When changing the font, the display for the new font doesn't update in options (sample font, when Mega-Me skin is on)
-
Unable to install Arsenolite. Package failed. Happens on two of my systems.

sekim

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2002, 04:10:18 pm »

Resizing the player window still lets the position slider track out of dashed lines. I think Doof may have nailed this last build with image.

dragyn

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2002, 04:12:02 pm »

>Another replay gain problem though . I often have to analyse replay gain twice. I seems like the values don't get saved the first time.

I've noticed this a lot of times. What I do is change an entry (artist, custom) to write the new tag, save, reopen. Then I do the replay gain. Never fails this way.
-
Since when does MJ not update the tree view schemes when changing libraries? Bug? Feature? I always that that was separate too.
-
Videos do not resize properly when starting. Always have to resize the window/slider to make it 100% viewable (internal, not windowed, autohide off, cuts off bottom area (where the bar is)). When windowed and brought back to internal, it does not do this.

sekim

« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2002, 04:13:28 pm »

Would someone change the current selected track color on the HTML of Green Eyes to a color other than white. I can do it but it overwrites with each update. I picked red just because it was easy to see in either view.

JimH

« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2002, 04:23:26 pm »

Machinehead
> Resizing the player window still lets the position slider track out of dashed lines.

I don't see this on XP Home.  Video driver problem?
Jim Hillegass

sekim

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2002, 04:31:22 pm »

Don't think so Jim. Take a look at the last build thread and see what Doof posted. I get the same thing with these builds. Might be as he suggested, Green Eyes only problem. He posted a screenshot as well.

UPDATE - I think it is a skin specific problem, try Green Eyes and see if it does it for you then.

UPDATE - Positive that it is a Green Eyes glitch. None of the other skins do this.

ZRocker

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2002, 04:46:12 pm »

I can confirm Doof's and MH's bug about the Position slider thumb in Green Eyes...it's an MJ/Green Eyes bug!!

JimH

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2002, 05:22:02 pm »

Must be a Green Eyes problem.
Jim Hillegass

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2002, 05:31:57 pm »

Bugs

Remote Control : Next\Previous Playlists skip Smartlists.

Display Window : I can't uncheck "Auto-Hide Bars"

Display Window : The vis/track info selection bar doesn't sync with what is displayed until the bars hide and then are re-shown. If bars are set to not Auto Hide, then it never syncs.

MEGA-ME Skinning : When I slide the content view\tree view bar, I get weird drawing errors, but only for the duration of the drag.

MEGA-ME Skinning : Occasionally, I'll see flashes of that bight purple/pink color that's used for transparencies. (Resizing Statistics, Gathering File Properties, etc.)

MEGA-ME Skinning : MJ bug or just Green Eyes skin? Notice the position slider.

CD Burner : The "Number of Copies" Spin Control doesn't work.

System Info

Media Jukebox PLUS 8.0.261

CPU: AMD Athlon 949 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 57 MB
OS: Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1  (Build 2600)

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2600.0000
ComCtl32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
wnaspi32.dll: 4.70 , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2001 Adaptec, Inc.
Aspi32.sys: 4.7

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2002, 05:50:40 pm »

Remember that tiny enhancement I asked for last build with the Spin Control?

In the interest of user friendliness, I think one should probably go in Options where you can specify number of days to check for updates too. Next Page

Harry The Hipster

« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2002, 06:15:59 pm »

Dead links and freezing in plug-in manager corrected - thanks.

No problem accessing library manager.

HTH

Not listening to anything for a change - going to read 'Theoodore Rex'.

Holden

« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2002, 07:03:15 pm »

I believe someone reported this a while back but I still have the following problem:

When in a playlist, after a file has stopped playing, when I click on another song I hear a fraction of a second of the previous song followed almost at once by the newly chosen song.

Is anyone else experiencing this. Thanks.

Holden

Media Jukebox PLUS 8.0.261

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 1553 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 246 MB
Resource Info: System - 51 %, GDI - 72 %, User - 51 %

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2600.0000
ComCtl32.dll: 5.50.4704.1100
Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shell32.dll: 5.50.4134.100
wnaspi32.dll: 4.00c2 (970) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1996 Adaptec, Inc.
Aspi32.sys: N/A

koreth

« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2002, 11:20:06 pm »

Bug (a longstanding one): Double-clicking on a playlist in the tree view always starts playing the first song in the list, even in shuffle mode.  Clicking a playlist then hitting Play starts playing a random track as you'd expect.

mike

« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2002, 12:15:41 am »

Koreth,

Same thing happens to me.....but I have had it work sometimes....of course I do not remember how ;(

Mike

« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2002, 12:19:28 am »

double clicking on a playlist does not start the playlist...you need to click on the play button after selecting the playlist

JollyJim

« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2002, 04:34:28 am »

>>> Problem in CD Label creator - I added the cd cover art from the JRiver default library as a graphic to the front   >>> cover. It drops in ok and shows in print preview, but when I print it, the picture does'nt appear although the dotted >>> line does.

....Now working in 261 - thanks chaps !!!

Jim

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2002, 05:24:18 am »

Download Manager : This isn't remembering my proxy server login credentials.

MattRensing

« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2002, 07:44:50 am »

Send to CD burner still puts double copies of everything sent to it in the burn queue.  Not to be a pest about this, but it seems a rather easy one to fix...

JohnT

« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2002, 09:06:05 am »

Send to CD burner still puts double copies of everything sent to it in the burn queue. Not to be a pest about this, but it seems a rather easy one to fix...

Can't reproduce this here. Can you give me your system info and the sequence of steps that you take. Anyone else seeing this?

Thanks,
John T.
JRiver, Inc.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2002, 09:21:40 am »

I've only seen that when I select a bunch of files, use Send To to send them to the CD Burner, and then hit the Burn CD toolbar button. Hitting the toolbar button (or choosing the menu) will send all of the currently selected files to the CD burner, so using that in conjunction with Send To will result in double of everything. I understand that that's by design.

If you send files to the CD burner, and then just choose the CD Burner from the device list, it works fine.

UdoS

• World Citizen
  • User
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2002, 10:20:52 am »

The selection of any tool without selected sound(s) causes ALL files to be selected. This can be a very time consuming process,
specially, if you did'nd want it.

Udo
Udo

MattRensing

« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2002, 11:33:54 am »

Doof - good call.  Chalk it up to idiot user misinterpreting the interface.

Matt

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2002, 11:46:30 am »

On two different XP machines, going from 260 to 261, I am told I need to Restart Windows. When I do, MJ tells me it failed to register MJReader.dll and Download Manager.exe. (two seperate message boxes)

marty3d

« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2002, 01:07:26 pm »

Just noticed this one:
When you use a Track Info page (have one home-made) with TRACKINFO_INSERT_LAST_PLAYED, it displays not the last time the track was played, but the current time. for instance, if I played a song 2 days ago (2002-04-30) at 20:36 and plays it today (2002-04-30 23:06), it displays the last date/time. Renders quite useless then, don't you think? Next Page

Raymond

« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2002, 02:20:37 pm »

>>Download Manager : This isn't remembering my proxy server login credentials.

Doof,
   Do you mean you the credentials you entered in the Options -> Authentication section? Those credentials are for the destination sites and it cannot be passed to the intermediary proxy server.

Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up