INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC folder locations  (Read 808 times)

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
MC folder locations
« on: July 05, 2012, 10:07:52 am »

On previous Windows installations I moved the entire Users folder off of C: to D:. This moved the C:\Users\Ingemar\AppData\Roaming\J River as well. I did this because my SSD was too small. I upgraded the SSD to 256GB and I no longer use that registry hack to move the entire Users folder, I just relocate Documents, Videos, Music and Pictures to D:\Users.

I'm just now resyncing my Ipod 160GB and I noticed my C: drive has less and less free space. There is already 1GB of temp files and regardless if they dissapear once sync is done, I don't want them there. How can I move this folder to D:\Temp?

Also I've been meaning to ask for a while, can I relocate the J River Conversion Cache? It's in the Music folder between all the artists. I'd rather move that to E:\J River Conversion Cache.

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
Re: MC folder locations
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 10:37:38 am »

Nevermind, found both settings  ::).

Listener

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2012, 10:46:52 am »

I create my own MC library rather than using the default Main Library. I can place the library files where I want them rather than on Drive C:.

Bill

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2012, 10:59:39 am »

You should be able to move anything to a different drive by changing the settings in File Locations.

Nothing should be bound to C:.
Pages: [1]   Go Up