INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: READY TO BUY & PAY ... licencing question  (Read 1044 times)

eddyshere

• Galactic Citizen
READY TO BUY & PAY ... licencing question
« on: July 04, 2012, 06:14:33 pm »

I extensively tested MC17 these last days and am just puzzled. HOw could I be without it so long. As a result I just switched my complete home setup (>12TB of data mainly bluray concerts (iso), tv-series and sacd) to JRiver. Jim, Matt your software is simply amazing !!! thanks for the tremendous work !!
I have now MC17 running on my central home server (2008R2) and have 3 htpc's through the home running MC17 linked to the remote library which is on the server.
All is working great besides that MC still is having issues with clients "calling" iso,s on remote library as a workaround I had to convert all my bd iso into bdmv's..- but kept the iso's as well -
In that regard and as a side note i still believe that the iso format should be better handled by MC17 as audiophiles or people serious with quality (source disc) will prefer iso and its ease of use....ripping stripping mkv'ing is (for me) often a good hint on the source of the file and (don't flame me for that) I often suspect these guys to use more torrents and what have you than the original disc they should have in their cellar.

Anyway :

So I'm ready to buy, but have a trivial question : how many licences do I have to buy 4 (one per machine) / 2 as it seems valid for a "work" and a private / 1 as the db runs de facto only on the server ?

Any guidance is welcome

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
Re: READY TO BUY & PAY ... licencing question
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012, 06:21:52 pm »

From the Purchase page:

Q: Can I install on more than one PC?
A: During the two-week period after you have purchased or restored, you can use the Install Key you received to activate the program on your other PC’s. You may use the program on your work PC and on your home PC's with a single license.

eddyshere

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2012, 06:27:15 pm »

yup thanks saw that also...so 2 it will be then...

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2012, 09:29:52 pm »

One license is good for all your PC's (within reason).

ldoodle

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2012, 05:07:11 am »

Surely there's an upgrade cost though, rather than having to buy all over ago again from new.

So $50 new, $25 (50%) upgrade?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2012, 06:36:46 am »

Pages: [1]   Go Up