INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Command line to return TheaterView to the very top  (Read 1695 times)

Jong

• Citizen of the Universe
Command line to return TheaterView to the very top
« on: July 12, 2012, 02:56:53 pm »

I've written a script that runs when the PC returns from sleep/hibernate and tries to return MC to the top TheaterView menu - "mc17.exe /mcc 22001,1". Trouble is it doesnt return RIGHT to the top. Often the focus will be on a second level menu item. Eg. I have a grouping called "Music", with the normal "Music" item contained within it (renamed "local library") and it is this 2nd level item that is focused.

Is there anyway to force MC to return to a state as though TheaterView had just been opened?

raym

• MC Beta Team
Re: Command line to return TheaterView to the very top
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 08:42:42 pm »

Could it be the mouse pointer is highlighting the second item? If not you may need to hide or move it off screen (programmatically).

Personally, I restart MC via a script (theater view set in startup options) when the PC resumes. You may like to consider this an an option which would solve your problem also.

RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

rick.ca

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 10:02:01 pm »

Is there anyway to force MC to return to a state as though TheaterView had just been opened?

I've programmed one button of my remote to run mc17.exe /mode Theater if Theatre View is not running, and mc17.exe /mcc 22001, 0 if it is running. That way, one press opens to the main menu and any subsequent press toggles between that and whatever view was last in use (which includes that from where it was last shut-down).

I don't know why mc17.exe /mcc 22001, 1 returns to the secondary menu (if it was the last thing selected). I don't recall, but this may by why I'm using mc17.exe /mode Theater instead. :-\

Jong

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2012, 01:49:06 am »

Thanks guys. It may be 'restarting' MC is what I have to do. Shouldn't be a problem, but feels
like overkill! I tried using /mode too but if i was already in Theaterview that didn't even go to the top menu.

I thought about the mouse myself and did just what you suggest - move it off screen on resume, then send MC to the top - but it didn't help. It seems MC remembers the last menu/submenu item you were in and highlights that when you return to main menu. It would be good to have a command that really sends MC to the TOP.

rick.ca

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2012, 02:17:19 am »

Try sending mc17.exe /mcc 22001, 1 twice, with a pause in between long enough for Theatre View to load.

Jong

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2012, 08:19:23 am »

Try sending mc17.exe /mcc 22001, 1 twice, with a pause in between long enough for Theatre View to load.
Tried that, but no dice. Also tried 22020, on it's own and after 22001, but that doesn't work either (does nothing if you are in TheaterView).

So I'm now doing "mc17.exe /restart" and that works perfectly. With my SSD it even happens so quick I never see a glimpse of the desktop  :). But it stills feels like there should be a less drastic way.

rick.ca

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2012, 04:02:00 pm »

But it stills feels like there should be a less drastic way.

If all this comes down to mc17.exe /mcc 22001, 1 returning to the secondary menu instead of 'home' like it's supposed to, follow it with a keyboard {up}{home}.

Jong

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2012, 04:36:01 pm »

There are all kind of ways I personally could sort this. But, to make it easy for other technophobic family members it needs to be in a known state when they start out.

rick.ca

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2012, 07:05:41 pm »

I meant include "a keyboard {up}{home}" in your script—so the result is what everyone expects.

Jong

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2012, 01:19:23 am »

Yeah, that might work, although It does not always wake in the same place (depends what was being done before). But /restart works fine, it is just"inelegant"!
Pages: [1]   Go Up