INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rename A Thumbnail  (Read 1710 times)

tboy34

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Tim
Rename A Thumbnail
« on: July 15, 2012, 10:34:45 am »

In previous versions of JRiver, I was able to rename a thumbnail. I tried to do it with Media Center 17 and the option is grayed out. How Is this still possible or is there an issue with my version??
tvk

vagskal

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Rename A Thumbnail
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2012, 01:00:07 pm »

It is hard for me to understand what you mean. Could you elaborate, give more detail. Exactly what are you trying to do and how?

tboy34

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Tim
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2012, 02:00:14 pm »

as you are viewing your library of mp3's you to to Audio, then Artist. You see in front of you all the albums covers of the mp3's that you have. at one time you were able to right click on that album cover (thumbnail) and edit the name of it. When I do that, the option of renaming is grayed out. I'm wondering why??
tvk

vagskal

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2012, 02:57:15 pm »

Have you tried clicking on the triangle on the tab (on top of the view) and selecting Thumbnail > Thumbnail Text? What you put in there will affect all thumbnail text in that view, but not change the content of your files.

tboy34

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Tim
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2012, 09:33:38 pm »

In the Picture I have right clicked on a thumbnail. I want to rename it. Yet when I do the rename option is grayed. Can someone tell me why??
tvk

NickF

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2012, 09:51:18 pm »

In the Picture I have right clicked on a thumbnail. I want to rename it. Yet when I do the rename option is grayed. Can someone tell me why??
Rename is a function for changing the value of a particular field or tag.  It isn't clear what you are trying to rename.  The text under the thumbnail is the Artist Name.  If you right click on the thumbnail and select Tag, at the bottom of the left pane you will see the Tags for the selection displayed.  You can edit them there.  Do you mean renaming the cover art file?  I'm not sure why you want to do that.

Nick.
HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10

tboy34

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Tim
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2012, 10:40:39 pm »

The Text Underneath the thumbnail
tvk

vagskal

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2012, 02:02:09 am »

Then it is the thumbnail text you want to change. It is not possible to change the thumbnail text by selecting Rename.

Copy what is in the thumbnail text window (have a look again at my last reply for how to access that window) and paste it here. If you also tell us what you want the text to be we might be able to help you (additional information from you might be necessary, but let us start there).
Pages: [1]   Go Up