INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playlists in DLNA?  (Read 3344 times)

drbenson

• Recent member
  • I'll never buy 'til it's lossless
Playlists in DLNA?
« on: July 17, 2012, 01:26:32 am »

I'm using Media Server with an Integra 50.2 receiver. When I select the server from the receiver, I am presented with ONLY the choices set under Audio in the Media Server configuration- Artist, Album, Recent, Genre, etc. Since Playlists is its own separate tree item, I can't see or select any of my playlists. There seems to be no way to add Playlists as an option under Audio, so I'm stuck. Can this be fixed? Is there a workaround?

Vincent Kars

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Playlists in DLNA?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 04:49:55 am »

A work around: create a new view in audio.
In "Rules for file display" select only files in a certain playlist.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 05:16:59 am »

It's sort of the device's fault if it's not showing 'Playlists'.  You might ask Integra if they have a solution (we'd be happy to work with them).

However, there's another workaround: create a 'Playlist Group' category using the same 'Customize View' dialog Vincent posted above.  You might have to keep the playlists you want exposed inside a group, because I don't thin you can start from the root with a Playlist Group Category.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

drbenson

• Recent member
  • I'll never buy 'til it's lossless
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2012, 01:10:45 am »

Thanks guys. I finally figured out that I could use Audio/Panes to create a new category within Audio, wipe it out, and put in a Playlist Group to get what I needed. I have also put in a service request with Integra- hopefully they will contact you and correct the issue with a software update. I thought DLNA was supposed to be a standard, and they certainly bill themselves as being DLNA certified.
Pages: [1]   Go Up