INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recently Watched Greyed out in Theaterview. Duplicate names for greyed out files  (Read 3054 times)

HTPC4ME

• Citizen of the Universe
  • LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!

right now in theaterview file caption i have 5 star ratings...

[Name] ifelse(isequal([rating],1,2),★, isequal([rating],2,2),★★, isequal([rating],3,2),★★★, isequal([rating],4,2),★★★★,isequal([rating],5,2),★★★★★)

i read in forum/wiki i can make my tv series that i've watched show up as greyed out by adding this
If(IsEqual([Media Sub Type], TV Show), If(IsEqual([Last Played], never played), [Season].[Episode] - [Name], <font color="888888">[Season].[Episode] - [Name]<//font>), [Season].[Episode] - [Name])

is it possible to have multiple file captions?
this is what i did...

If(IsEqual([Media Sub Type], TV Show), If(IsEqual([Last Played], never played), [Season].[Episode] - [Name], <font color="888888">[Season].[Episode] - [Name]<//font>), [Season].[Episode] - [Name]) [Name] ifelse(isequal([rating],1,2),★, isequal([rating],2,2),★★, isequal([rating],3,2),★★★, isequal([rating],4,2),★★★★,isequal([rating],5,2),★★★★★)

In my theaterview it is showing the files we've watched as being greyout but there episode name is doubled on me. (see pic)

If i go back to what i originally had under file caption...then it shows up as just one episode name.
[Name] ifelse(isequal([rating],1,2),★, isequal([rating],2,2),★★, isequal([rating],3,2),★★★, isequal([rating],4,2),★★★★,isequal([rating],5,2),★★★★★)

ALSO if i use just...then that shows up as just one epsiode name as well.
If(IsEqual([Media Sub Type], TV Show), If(IsEqual([Last Played], never played), [Season].[Episode] - [Name], <font color="888888">[Season].[Episode] - [Name]<//font>), [Season].[Episode] - [Name])

Thanks for any clarification

NickF

If(IsEqual([Media Sub Type], TV Show), If(IsEqual([Last Played], never played), [Season].[Episode] - [Name], <font color="888888">[Season].[Episode] - [Name]<//font>), [Season].[Episode] - [Name]) [Name] ifelse(isequal([rating],1,2),★, isequal([rating],2,2),★★, isequal([rating],3,2),★★★, isequal([rating],4,2),★★★★,isequal([rating],5,2),★★★★★)
I think the [Name] entry which I have made bold is responsible for the unwanted duplicate.  Remove this and it should be OK.

I notice that your star ratings aren't showing up so there may be some other issue with the combined expression.

Edit:  I just checked the change I suggested and it works fine.

Nick.
HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10

HTPC4ME

thanks for reply Nick... it looks like that fixed the double naming issue.

I walked around theaterview to see if ratings were still working (they are  ;D)and when i went to movies, music videos, home videos (any video subtype not related to TV) i noticed now all my video files have .- in front of them.
this what i pasted into file caption
If(IsEqual([Media Sub Type], TV Show), If(IsEqual([Last Played], never played), [Season].[Episode] - [Name], <font color="888888">[Season].[Episode] - [Name]<//font>), [Season].[Episode] - [Name]) ifelse(isequal([rating],1,2),★, isequal([rating],2,2),★★, isequal([rating],3,2),★★★, isequal([rating],4,2),★★★★,isequal([rating],5,2),★★★★★)

I also tried (Red Comma)
If(IsEqual([Media Sub Type], TV Show), If(IsEqual([Last Played], never played), [Season].[Episode] - [Name], <font color="888888">[Season].[Episode] - [Name]<//font>), [Season].[Episode] - [Name]), ifelse(isequal([rating],1,2),★, isequal([rating],2,2),★★, isequal([rating],3,2),★★★, isequal([rating],4,2),★★★★,isequal([rating],5,2),★★★★★)

You noticing anything else i may have out of place?
Thank you

steelman1991

• World Citizen

Sorry mate can't help with the syntax - but your screen shots in TV Shows intrigued me. I am aware that the captions can be changed to behave in certain fashion and like the idea that watched episodes are greyed out. However must the file be watched to the end before it is deemed as 'watched' or can this be set to a percentage (over 95% for example). Just that sometimes, in fact all the time, I stop the file as the credits roll, which obviously means that with this syntax the file wouldn't be marked as 'watched'.

Secondly I like the way your episodes are layed out - how is that achieved?, though I think if it was possible, particluarly with the main image, I would like to substitute the 'season/series' poster with a thumbnail from the epiosde. Any help appreciated - the rest of the aesthetics I'm happy to tinker with if you could point me in the right direction.

Thanks - Sorry to hijack - If you want me to start a new thread and not take focus from your issue let me know.

EDIT - OK realised your using Series view - I prefer Season - with Season Sub Folders, no big deal can live with it the way it is now that I can differentiate between watched and not.

Also some searching found the answer to the percentage watched question - 50% - amazing what you can find with search  ;)

Will now have a look and see if that can be changed - apologies again.

HTPC4ME

However must the file be watched to the end before it is deemed as 'watched' or can this be set to a percentage (over 95% for example). Just that sometimes, in fact all the time, I stop the file as the credits roll, which obviously means that with this syntax the file wouldn't be marked as 'watched'.
This i do not know the answer for i've yet to test it, I'm still trying to manipulate this code... others here would def know the answer to that.

Secondly I like the way your episodes are layed out - how is that achieved?, though I think if it was possible, particluarly with the main image, I would like to substitute the 'season/series' poster with a thumbnail from the epiosde. Any help appreciated - the rest of the aesthetics I'm happy to tinker with if you could point me in the right direction.
this jriver has recently changed, and another topic i'm currently attacking. (see last post) http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=71621.0
currently all my tv series/season art is inside the episode folders as Folder.jpg. And my goal is to move all those to the new format described here - http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/TV_Shows_-_Series,_Seasons_%26_Episodes  

To get the episode thumbnail. this is achieved via going to the episodes in standard view then right clicking on them and choosing Get Movie & TV Info. this will start a internet search inside JRiver for those episodes via TVDB (http://thetvdb.com/) Rotten Tomatoes, Wikipedia, etc. and JRiver will then fill in all the episode info, and it will download the episode thumbnail to the folder where that episode is located and it will place that episode thumbnail next to the file) Make sure your episodes have episode, season and series tags filled in, and for episode and season make sure you only use numbers. I had to redo all my files because i had them originally set up as Tag Episode=Episode 1, and Tag Season=Season 1. and the Get Info wasnt finding any information.

Sorry i wasn't to much help, but maybe this shed's some light, will guide you in the right direction :)

steelman1991

• World Citizen

Thanks - I must have been editing my last post as you replied - sorry about that.

Thanks for the links - as you will see from my edit - I dug around a little and got one or two answers, will check out your links though for further info.

I'm familiar with naming expressions and have all my Thumbnails and metadata correctly downloaded and placed in the correct locations - it was more the presentation of the data that interested me, but Series view just doesn't do it for me and moving to Season, presents the episodes in a more stretched format, as a result of the size of the episode thumbnail

Would prefer the more truncated presentation of Series, with the Episode images presentation of Season - not a huge problem though.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply.

HTPC4ME

Still no go here... any ideas please?

Another issue i ran into today since i've been testing i've also noticed that when changing the file caption on server, that on all the clients it's not sending the file caption command to the clients. possible bug?

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers

This should work I did something similar and it worked for me.
If(IsEqual([Media Sub Type], TV Show), If(IsEqual([Last Played], never played), [Season].[Episode] - [Name], <font color="888888">[Season].[Episode] - [Name]<//font>), [Name]) ifelse(isequal([rating],1,2),★, isequal([rating],2,2),★★, isequal([rating],3,2),★★★, isequal([rating],4,2),★★★★,isequal([rating],5,2),★★★★★)
Sean

HTPC4ME

Scolex! Thank you! Works Awesome! Nita is Beyond Exstatic!

Could you post what i did wrong, and explain for others here?
Thanks so much guys!

HTPC4ME

one more question in regards to this guys.. is there anyway i can my file caption rules to show up on all my clients? (6 clients) or do i have to goto each client and manually enter this into file caption? One would think if connecting to server the view should translate to the clients. no?

NickF

This should work I did something similar and it worked for me.
If(IsEqual([Media Sub Type], TV Show), If(IsEqual([Last Played], never played), [Season].[Episode] - [Name], <font color="888888">[Season].[Episode] - [Name]<//font>), [Name]) ifelse(isequal([rating],1,2),★, isequal([rating],2,2),★★, isequal([rating],3,2),★★★, isequal([rating],4,2),★★★★,isequal([rating],5,2),★★★★★)

Thanks Sean.  I have now corrected the wiki.

@ xtacbyme
The problem was that the "else" for the first If statement was [Season].[Episode] - [Name] so anything other than TV Show had this format applied.  Movies don't generally have Series and Season fields filled so show blanks or null so that leaves . - before the Movie Name.  It should have been just [Name].

Yes, you need to copy this expression into each client.  I'm not aware of a way to do this automatically.

Nick.
HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10

rick.ca

ifelse(isequal([rating],1,2), ★, isequal([rating],2,2), ★★, isequal([rating],3,2), ★★★, isequal([rating],4,2), ★★★★, isequal([rating],5,2), ★★★★★)

...is the same as: Mid(★★★★★, 0, [Rating])  ;)

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers

...is the same as: Mid(★★★★★, 0, [Rating])  ;)

Nice! Care to explain?

Here is the above exp with the Mid change.
If(IsEqual([Media Sub Type], TV Show), If(IsEqual([Last Played], never played), [Season].[Episode] - [Name], <font color="888888">[Season].[Episode] - [Name]<//font>), [Name]) Mid(★★★★★, 0, [Rating])

Here is what I am actually using since I don't keep TV Shows, I record them and then delete after watching. (Just don't have enough TB)
If(IsEqual([Media Sub Type], Movie), If(IsEqual([Last Played], never played), [Name] Rated-[MPAA Rating], <font color="888888">[Name] Rated-[MPAA Rating]<//font>), [Name]) Mid(★★★★★, 0, [Rating])
Sean
Pages: [1]   Go Up