INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater View Backgrounds  (Read 2370 times)

perpetual98

• Junior Woodchuck
Theater View Backgrounds
« on: July 19, 2012, 04:16:55 pm »

So I was noodling around in JRiver\Media Center 17\Skins\Theater View\Themes\Default and I took the Van Gogh pictures out (no offense) and replaced them with these.  I think they look pretty cool.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Theater View Backgrounds
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 05:13:01 pm »

Just a little FYI that the theme menu has an easy way to create a ZIP and to install from a ZIP.

We want them to be easy to customize and share.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

perpetual98

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 06:37:20 pm »

That's cool, thank Matt.  I had tried to zip the files but they were too big to attach.  Where is the Theme Menu?

***DERP***  I found it.  I will play around with it.

ajowers

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 09:00:36 am »

And if I want no background photos (just solid black), is this also possible ?  if so how?

perpetual98

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2012, 09:06:49 am »

And if I want no background photos (just solid black), is this also possible ?  if so how?

I think just deleting all pictures in that folder will get you a solid black screen, but don't quote me.

Also, every time MC updates, it will put the Van Gogh pictures back.  I'm guessing that you could get around that somehow, but I haven't dug into it yet.

ldoodle

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2012, 01:29:00 pm »

I think just deleting all pictures in that folder will get you a solid black screen, but don't quote me.

Also, every time MC updates, it will put the Van Gogh pictures back.  I'm guessing that you could get around that somehow, but I haven't dug into it yet.

That sucks. Can you not create your own theme and appy that, then an update would only overwrite the Default them stuff leaving yours intact?

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2012, 02:37:34 pm »

That sucks. Can you not create your own theme and appy that, then an update would only overwrite the Default them stuff leaving yours intact?

Yes just go to the Theater View Themes folder and copy the default folder rename it and then change whatever you desire and select your new theme from the Theater View section of options.
Sean

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2012, 02:39:57 pm »

You can go to options/theater view/theme/background and select black.
Sean
Pages: [1]   Go Up