INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TVInfo(WatchedDisplay) Threshold  (Read 2404 times)

steelman1991

• World Citizen
TVInfo(WatchedDisplay) Threshold
« on: July 19, 2012, 05:19:36 pm »

I see from search that the default threshold is 50%. I would like to increase this to 95%, but am stumped where the change should be made.

I've looked at Tools\Options\Theatre View\Customize file info panel\Template\Television Programme\Watched - the value shows TVInfo(WatchedDisplay), but with no numerical annotation - do I merely add 95% like so TVInfo(WatchedDisplay 95%), or should it be stored elsewhere.

EDIT - dohhhh, that only displays the percentages watched - any way to change the default behaviour from 50% to 95%

Answer found http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=69998.0 - not configurable.

Any plans to consider making it configurable?

rick.ca

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: TVInfo(WatchedDisplay) Threshold
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 07:48:02 pm »

I believe the threshold for a play is 50%.  It's not configurable.

My guess is if there were plans to change this, Matt would have said so. ;)

You can compute your own threshold: Compare(Math([Bookmark] / 1000 / [Duration,0]), >, 0.95)

steelman1991

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 02:23:37 am »

I'm sure he would have, but no harm in asking, as the question hadn't been posed in the thread I linked to.

OK, well you know the drill and what's coming next?

Where to apply your expression?  :)

rick.ca

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 03:03:18 am »

Where to apply your expression?

I don't know. You haven't explained what you hope to use a 'watched threshold' for. I could assume, but I'd rather not waste time explaining something that doesn't suit your need.

steelman1991

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2012, 03:20:38 am »

Ah I assumed it would just be a global setting - sorry.

I want to use it as a 'watched threshold' to combine with your 'caption' expression - in theatre view - that highlights when a file has been 'watched' - sorry if I'm missing something more obvious.

rick.ca

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2012, 04:12:19 am »

I want to use it as a 'watched threshold' to combine with your 'caption' expression - in theatre view - that highlights when a file has been 'watched' - sorry if I'm missing something more obvious.

Okay, that should be clear enough. There's nothing more or less obvious, but there are choices. You could, for example, use the same condition to determine whether a file appears in a 'Watched' or an 'Unwatched' view.

Your current caption is probably more complex than just [Name], but this should illustrate the means. Revise the caption expression (at Options > Theater View > Advanced) to...

If(Compare(Math([Bookmark] / 1000 / [Duration,0]), >, 0.95), <font color="999999">[Name]<//font>, [Name])

If the caption is a conditional one (i.e., producing different captions for different media types), obviously you would only modify the parts applicable. This will 'dim' a watched item by setting the colour to grey. You can change the colour to whatever suits you, and, depending on what the caption is, change it and/or highlight only parts of it. For example (replace the red and green parts with)...

<font color="999999">PadNumber([Season], 2)PadNumber([Episode], 2)<//font> [Name] <font color="999999">[Last Played]<//font>, PadNumber([Season], 2)PadNumber([Episode], 2) [Name]

steelman1991

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2012, 07:13:45 am »

OK rick - now that I have your undivided attention  :) there are a few things that need to be tidied up with the expressions, which I have been tinkering with.

I have been able to achieve what I initially set out to do and that was to  change the 'watched threshold' to 95% and have MC 'highlight watched episodes, based on that threshold, in a different colour - see below

However when viewing 'Movie' files the caption changes from Name only to s00e00 - 'Name'. - see below

I have tried several permutations to include

If(IsEqual([Media Sub Type], TV Show), If(Compare(Math([Bookmark] / 1000 / [Duration,0]), >, 0.95), <font color="FFD700">sPadNumber([Season], 2)ePadNumber([Episode], 2) - [Name], sPadNumber([Season], 2)ePadNumber([Episode], 2) - [Name]), but this just throws up a syntax error on display.

Any further pointers you could give or provide a syntax that will work - basically I'm happy with the TV naming, just want rid of the Season, Episode and - captions from Movies.

Thanks for all your help so far.

rick.ca

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2012, 04:38:11 pm »

Your expression should be...

Code: [Select]
If(IsEqual([Media Sub Type], TV Show), If(Compare(Math([Bookmark] / 1000 / [Duration,0]), >, 0.95), <font color="FFD700">sPadNumber([Season], 2)ePadNumber([Episode], 2) - [Name], sPadNumber([Season], 2)ePadNumber([Episode], 2) - [Name]), [Name])
...which is easier follow written as...

If(IsEqual([Media Sub Type], TV Show),
{true}   If(Compare(Math([Bookmark] / 1000 / [Duration,0]), >, 0.95),
      {true}   <font color="FFD700">sPadNumber([Season], 2)ePadNumber([Episode], 2) - [Name],
      {false}   sPadNumber([Season], 2)ePadNumber([Episode], 2) - [Name]),
{false}   [Name])

You left out the ', [Name])' at the end.

When using expressions, make sure all brackets are closed (i.e., the number of '(' and ')' must be equal), and all mandatory parameters are provided (the function tooltips distinguish mandatory vs. optional parameters).

steelman1991

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2012, 05:20:40 pm »

Cheers rick that solved it perfectly, thanks for taking the time to help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up