INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Suggestion for storing stereo and multichannel tracks from the same album  (Read 811 times)

eliwankenobi

• Recent member

Hello

I have some albums in stereo and multichannel as well. The way it is setup now is like say an album with ten tracks. It would play the first track in stereo, and then the same track in multichannel. I added a column describing the channels but they always get mixed out everytime I close the program.

Is there a way of having them under the same album name without the tracks being all mixed out?

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

I stack the files with stereo on top and multichannel underneath and hidden.  This way the default playback/handling of the track is stereo.

When I want to use the multichannel version, I have a special view built with a filter of 'Channels > 2' and the modifier of 'Limit database to all' (which ignores the 'hidden' nature of the collapsed stacked files).

Smarlist rules for that view (from import/export):
[Channels]=>2 ~d=a ~sort=[Name (Base)]-d,[Bitrate]-d ~seq ~sort=[Sequence] ~nodup=[Name /(Base/)] ~sort=[Artist],[Sequence],[Name],[Name (Base)]-d,[Bitrate]-d

In case you are wondering, 'Name (Base)' is a custom field that stores the base name of the track.  For example:  Name = 'Tom Sawyer (Live) (5.1)' while Name(Base) = 'Tom Sawyer'.

I can't remember what the 'seq'/'Sequence' stuff does but I THINK it gives me the track with the highest bit rate if I have multiple surround versions of the same track.
Pages: [1]   Go Up