INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: VLink 192  (Read 19030 times)

carlos0666

VLink 192
« on: July 25, 2012, 12:24:25 pm »

I have a V-Link 192, I've been trying to play files at 192 kHz and 176.4 KHz sample rate without any success, I just get a lot of clicks, pops and cracks, just electronic noise and no music, so to listen to music I have to set MC 17 to 96 KHz sample rate. When trying to play files at 176.4 kHz or 192 kHz the V-Link actually tells me that it's receiving info at those frequencies but I cannot get any music. MC is configured to use ASIO with large buffers to handle 192 KHz. The V-Link is selected as the predetermined device. I been trying to play files like mp3, FLAC, WAV, AAC, APE, etc., I even tried to play a FLAC file recorded at 24 bits, 192 KHz but the result is the same, just noise. The DAC I'm using has oversampling capabilities until 192 KHz.

Even if MC is closed and if I configure the computer to 24 bits, 192 KHz I get the clicking noise.

The equipment used is the following:

Computer: HP Laptop
Processor: Intel dual core @ 2.3 Ghz
DRAM: 4 Gb
Windows 7, 32 bits
USB Cardas Clear cable

Last weekend I took the V-Link 192 with a friend which has an equipment very similar to mine to run some tests, the difference is the computer. So we connected the V-Link to his Apple laptop using Apple's OS (I don't know which version) and we were able to get some music at 192 KHz but also a lot of clicking end electronic noise, really awful, so we restarted his Apple laptop but in windows and it happened, we were able to listen files at 192 KHz sample rate without the annoying clicking and electronic noise. Actually the sound is really outstanding.

Any idea? I would very much appreciate any support with this.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: VLink 192
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 01:39:05 pm »

Welcome to the forum.  What happens if you test from Windows / Control Panel / Sounds.  Does it work there?

carlos0666

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 02:07:24 pm »

Hi, no, I already tried it and it also doesn't work, again I'm getting the same result, just a lot of clicking and noise. I was thinking maybe the problem would be the speed of my ports. I checked them and everything appears to be working okay and they are indicated to be working at high speed. The Tests we ran with the Apple Laptop were also with my cables and they are okay, so I think definitely the problem is located from my ports to the inside of the computer but I cannot get to figure out what it could be.

As I wrote in the first post, the tests with the Apple laptop were a little strange since it didn't worked with the iOS, but running the same Apple laptop in windows we were able the obtain incredibly clear music.

I'm getting a little stubborn trying to play files at 192 KHz but the issue is that when we were able to listen to music at that sample rate there is actually audible difference with playing files at 96 KHz. We were using tube amps and pre-amps.

By the way, thanks for your support!!!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 03:04:24 pm »

That means it's probably at the driver level.  The manufacturer should be able to help.

GLXi95

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2012, 10:43:00 am »

Hmmm i have a V-Link 192 connected to REGA Dac then to Receiver and never had any issues whatsoever...

gazjam

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2012, 11:39:53 am »

same setup here, no problems.
JRiver > Vlink 192 > Rega Dac > Rega Brio-R amp.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the Vlink driver?
Will at least eliminate the majority of software issues?

It SHOULD be working perfectly.

MapleTenor

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2012, 03:19:30 pm »

Just for the update - I've just purchased a Rega DAC and V-Link 192.  RCA, USB & TOSLINK/SPDIF wires all by the Chord company.
REGA DAC with USB opens up the full sound spectrum of my Synthese transmission line speakers (Bach Fuga Sopra Magnificat / Mozart Die Entführung aus dem Serail / Debussy pour les accords as just some test sound tracks)
Connection wires: though I doubted about them due to the price (these things cost an awful lot just for some copper wire)... but they do sound better, less 'thinner' if I may say.
Sorry for the V-link... which doesn't have a Windows 8 driver and doesn't do anything.  Guess it'll be back to the seller then...

gazjam

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2012, 07:17:06 pm »

Vlink works with Windows 8, no new driver required  ;)
Just install the driver in "Compatibility mode" and it will work.

MapleTenor

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2012, 02:49:11 pm »

Hi Gazjam,
starting up the driver (... EXE-file) manually from the CD in compatibility mode for Windows XP did the trick, and indeed nothing more to it as you indicated - thanks !
Kind regards,

gazjam

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2012, 05:55:29 pm »

great!
Glad it worked for you, enjoy your Vlink :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up