INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is there a quicker way to exclude multiple folders from being imported?  (Read 1033 times)

lise

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

I have many many folders that I want to exclude from import, all of them subfolders of the root.

e.g.,
c:\User\Me\My Documents\Movie Collector
c:\User\Me\My Documents\MSN Messages
etc.

In the auto import dialog box I have entered each one individually by browing to it but this is so cumbersome. Is there a quick fix? Somewhere where I can just say exclude all these folders: Movie Collector, MSN Messages, etc without having to browse to each individual one?
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?

rjm

Another approach (which I use) is to create a root folder for all media you want managed by MC.

In your case:

c:\User\Me\My Documents\$Media

And move all folders you want in MC below $Media.

Your auto-import rules now become simple and require zero maintenance. Simply import c:\User\Me\My Documents\$Media with no need to exclude anything.

lise

• MC Beta Team

Another approach (which I use) is to create a root folder for all media you want managed by MC.

In your case:

c:\User\Me\My Documents\$Media

And move all folders you want in MC below $Media.

Your auto-import rules now become simple and require zero maintenance. Simply import c:\User\Me\My Documents\$Media with no need to exclude anything.

I had considered going that route at one point but figured it might take me a very long time to ensure that the move doesn't break any of my smartlists/view schemes/renaming rules and various non-MC program data folder defaults.  Maybe it is worth the time it will take to check those things out. It must make auto-import SO much faster.
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?
Pages: [1]   Go Up