INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: How does MC store whether or not a TV show was recorded previously?  (Read 3328 times)

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe

I have setup MC to record a TV series. I selected the "do not record episodes that have been recorded in the past" option. This seems to work well but I have one episode I recorded previously that did not come out too well (poor reception) so I deleted the episode. Now MC will not rerecord that upcoming episode. It is not showing in my video>files as exisitng - so MC must be looking elsewhere to determine if it has been recoded previously.
How does this feature work?

imeric

• MC Beta Team
Re: How does MC store whether or not a TV show was recorded previously?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2016, 09:09:34 am »

Ping?

I'm having the same issue:

In MC, I deleted a bunch of Seinfeld Episodes that were recorded in SD previously.  I want to record only upcoming ones that are now airing in HD.

I'm using using Series Name, Season and Episode in the "do not record show recorded in the past..." but nothing shows up in the to be recorded list.  I assume it has something to do with MC not wanting to record previously deleted files having the same season and episode numbers as upcoming ones.  How do I reset this for this subscription so that it will record HD episodes?

Needless to say this HAS to be configurable.

Thx

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2016, 11:28:02 am »

When you delete a recording, there is a confirmation dialog window.  On this window, you need to check the checkbox "do not track the files in Removed Files database".

In other words, MC checks for an existing recording first in active database, and then in Removed Files database.  If the recording is found in either database, it has been recorded previously.

If you do not check that checkbox when a recording is deleted, it is tracked and MC remembers that it has already been recorded.

You can delete the item from the Removed Files database so that MC will try recording it again.  To do it, create a new smartlist, call it "Removed", select media type of your choice (and of course you must include "Video" since you are dealing with TV recordings).  Under "Modify Result", choose "Limit database to" "Removed".
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2016, 11:38:13 am »

Working like a charm thanks Yaobing!!!!

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2016, 11:39:21 am »

I would close it but I'm not the OP.  Countrybumkin or Jim can you mark it as Solved?
thx

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!

CountryBumkin's thread was somehow missed.  We added the checkbox on the delete confirmation in response to inquiries like this.  This is now marked as [Solved].
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

imeric

• MC Beta Team

Yaobing I deleted the old Seinfeld in SD from the Video files in Standard view and not from the Television interface.   This checkbox is not present under the Confirm Action Prompt as per the snapshot attached.

It would be nice to add it there as well it could also be handy for Music and video files...
Pages: [1]   Go Up