INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HDHomeRun Dual Tuner Setup  (Read 4849 times)

bunglemebaby

• Galactic Citizen
HDHomeRun Dual Tuner Setup
« on: July 29, 2012, 02:31:39 pm »

I've been happily recording TV for a few months now with an HDHomeRun Dual tuner device. Recently I ran into a conflict between recordings and it just so happened that I cared enough about what I was setting up to record that I went to investigate...

It appears that MC is only utilizing one of the tuners. The recording conflict is only between two shows, and as far as I can tell both tuners work fine. How can I get MC to use both tuners? I've fiddled with all of the options under "TV setup", but none have helped.

eapool

• Galactic Citizen
Re: HDHomeRun Dual Tuner Setup
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 02:39:20 pm »

Do both tuners show up in Media Center in tv setup?

Alex

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 02:56:22 pm »

If both tuners show up in MC (they should), I can not imagine why there is a conflict.  MC should be able to use both tuners.  I have an HDHomerun.  It works fine.

Did MC pops up a message telling you there is a conflict while you were doing scheduling?  If so, did you check to see if you had some forgotten subscription already scheduled at the time slot?

Or, is it just that MC did not record the second show that you scheduled?
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

bunglemebaby

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2012, 05:51:34 pm »

Both tuners show up.

Did MC pops up a message telling you there is a conflict while you were doing scheduling?  If so, did you check to see if you had some forgotten subscription already scheduled at the time slot?
Yes, MC popped up a message about the conflict. When I went to go investigate the scheduled recordings though, there were never more than two shows set to record over the same interval (I looked for adjacent start/end times too, since I add a minute or two  onto the end of all recordings).

In all cases so far, at least one of the scheduled recordings has been a throw away show (Cash Cab, etc) that I just keep a few of on disk to throw on as background noise. So I don't know for sure if both recorded or not. I'll take a few notes next time this happens and report back here.

meurytv

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2012, 09:47:48 pm »

I just started having the same issue.  I am a new user to MC very frustrating this part.

It would appear that when i go to the status of the Turners in JR it says that one is idle. 

It sees both tuners!

However I go to home run config both are running okay.

What gives!!!

meurytv

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2012, 09:54:08 pm »

Basically  when ever i try to set up or schedule recording for live TV it says that there is a conflict.  I am only able to schedule one show at a time.  I have the HD Homerun which is a dual tuner.

meurytv

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2012, 11:09:17 pm »

Not sure if this will help, but i just found the solution to my problem...they symptoms maybe/ are the same in our cases but maybe not the cause.

turns out that i still had schedule recording in Windows Media center.  I cleared all recordings.  I then logged into my HomeRun using the IP Address and downloaded the new software version.  When i had originally installed it the Home run set up asks you what media center is your default.  It had originally been set to Windows.  From what i can tell the only way to change this is to reinstall (maybe there is another way) but that is what i did)...it gives you the option to select JRiver.

So my shows ended up getting recorded by Windows despite the fact that i had removed Tuner selection in windows a days ago.  Perhaps the settings in the Home Run itself forced Windows Media Center to trump (so to speak) JRiver.
Pages: [1]   Go Up