INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multiple libraries?  (Read 949 times)

calonzo

Multiple libraries?
« on: July 30, 2012, 10:18:50 am »

I am still using MC 13.  Before I upgrade to MC 17, I would like to know if there is a way to have multiple music libraries which are completely separate.  I know I can use playlists, but I usually just put all songs in the the Playing Now list and put it on Shuffle.   But there is some music that I only want to hear on special occasions, like Christmas music.  How can I keep them permanently separate?

Chris

Listener

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Multiple libraries?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 11:26:24 am »

You can define multiple libraries easily.  (File menu / Library / Library Manager / Add library.)

I've used multiple libraries for years.

Bill

calonzo

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 11:40:29 am »

Thanks!  I never noticed the Library Manager.   :)

rick.ca

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2012, 06:45:37 pm »

But there is some music that I only want to hear on special occasions, like Christmas music.  How can I keep them permanently separate?

You may want to consider the advantages of using just one library. Seasonal music can easily be excluded from your primary music view using it's Rules for file display. They'll then not be included in the 'all' you send to Playing Now. When the season comes, you can include them, but won't have to switch libraries to choose between seasonal and regular music. Similarly, they can be excluded or included in smartlists. Not only is it likely to be more convenient, it saves the 'overhead' of maintaining two libraries (configuring views, etc.).
Pages: [1]   Go Up